3/way switch problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/way switch problem....

I'm wiring my guitar up following the 2 humbucker, 2vol , 1 tone w/3 way schematic from the Duncan site, but my 3 way switch has 8 contact points like an ibanez HSH guitar, not 4 points like its supposed to, can anyone please tell me the right way to wire up this 8 point switch to work like a normal 4 point les paul or tele switch?My switch is the £7.00 3 way switch
    '00 Ibanez RG470 TB-6 / APS-2 / SH-6n (Fully Chromed hardware inc Orig Floyd)
    '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom JB / PGn
    '05 Custom Hardtail Strat Sh-5b / SH-2n

Laney GH100TI & the matching 4x12
    Engl Thunder 50 Combo
    TC Electronic G Major
    Korg DTR2000 Tuner

Re: 3/way switch problem....

Hey matt; Welcome to the forum. Your switch should connect like this:

Just use the four terminals on one side only, for straight 3-pickup switching.
    (Ignore the four terminals labeled with a "2".)

The pickup "hot" wires go to the neck/middle/bridge labels, and the "common" goes out to the volume control.

Comment

Thanks for the greatly needed info on this switch, but what if you had 2 hums and a seperate vol for each pup, and only 1 tone. Utilizing a standard les paul switching config. i.e. bridge , bridge/Neck, Neck selections.

Engl Thunder 50 Combo
      TC Electronic G Major
      Korg DTR2000 Tuner

Comment

Ok, your neck pickup will connect to the neck volume control. Take the output of that volume control and connect it on that switch where it says "neck 1" and "middle 1". Yes, both terminals.

Take the bridge pup and connect it to the bridge volume control. Take the bridge volume controls output and connect it to where the switch says "bridge 2" and "middle 2". Again, both terminals.

Connect the tone control and the "hot" of the output jack to both terminals that say "common 1" and "common 2".

I know that sounds confusing, but I can draw up a diagram when I get home. (Several hours from now.)

Comment

Thanks for that, i diagram would be extremely helpful if that wouldn't be too much hassle

Engl Thunder 50 Combo
          TC Electronic G Major
          Korg DTR2000 Tuner

Comment

Working...
          X