X2N and Invaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2N and Invaders

Hey All. I love the Invader bridge in my LP, but if I was to replace it with an X2N, how different would it be? I play mostly metal, alot of Lamb of God influenced stuff...and the Invader handles that great. How would the X2N do? The body of the LP is either mahogany with an ash top...or swamp ash...I'm not sure..is there an easy way to tell?

Also, what type of bodies do both pickups (Invader and X2N) sound best in? Shape, material.....color

Agile 2800 DLX (jazz n / invader b)
    Yamaha ERG 121 (my first axe..we will never part)
    Yamaha F-335b acoustic
    Korg AX1500g
    Rocktron RT122c
    Pics

Re: X2N and Invaders

Originally posted by nooklear
    Hey All. I love the Invader bridge in my LP, but if I was to replace it with an X2N, how different would it be? I play mostly metal, alot of Lamb of God influenced stuff...and the Invader handles that great. How would the X2N do? The body of the LP is either mahogany with an ash top...or swamp ash...I'm not sure..is there an easy way to tell?

Also, what type of bodies do both pickups (Invader and X2N) sound best in? Shape, material.....color
    the X2n will be a LOT brighter than the invader and have even more output
    For the LOG tones use either the invader or the JB which is what willie and mark use
    1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
    2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
    1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
    1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
    Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
    5150 block letter head
    4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

The X2N is louder, and a bit brighter. I've not used either one in mahogany, so I can't really say, but they both totally kill in basswood, maple/rosewood, floyd setups!

I have an Epiphone LP Standard, made completely of maple. The Invader slays EVERYTHING in that.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        The X2N is louder, and a bit brighter. I've not used either one in mahogany, so I can't really say, but they both totally kill in basswood, maple/rosewood, floyd setups!

I have an Epiphone LP Standard, made completely of maple. The Invader slays EVERYTHING in that.
        what i hated about the X2N is that it had too much output!
        it is hotter than my 81!
        1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
        2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
        1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
        1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
        Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
        5150 block letter head
        4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

Working...
        X