banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone experienced the Duncan Designed SC101??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone experienced the Duncan Designed SC101??

Can anyone review the Duncan Designed SC101 Single Coils please? I was rather dissappointed with the HB102B humbucker, and would like to hear if the SC101 Single Coil is any good.
    Thanks in advance for any replies!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Re: Anyone experienced the Duncan Designed SC101??

I had a Schecter 006 with a HB-102b and SC-101n. They both sounded great, but this was before I became a pickup whore.

The problem with Duncan Designed pickups is the inconsistency. I have 2 HB-102s... 1 sounds just like a JB, the other is awful.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I think it's a copy of the SSL-1 Vintage Staggered. I fyou don't want to pay too much, I'd just go with a used SSL-1 rather than a Duncan Designed one.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have experience with it, but unfortunately it is severely lacking, because I didn't really like it that much. I'd compare it to 102HB in terms of quality. I changed them to classic stacks and am very happy. Ask some more if you like, I'll try to remember if need be.
        There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Working...
        X