banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Split cool rails (middle) and LittleSDeamon (bridge) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split cool rails (middle) and LittleSDeamon (bridge) ?

My guitar has 3 individual switches instead of a blade. I was thinking of maybe get a 3 position toggle switch and use the mini toggles as splits! This way it'd enable me to get SCsized humbuckers in the neck and middle (I prefer SC sounds there).
    I was thinking of a Little Screamin' Deamon (a friend of mine has it in his strat and it's AMAZING. Sure Alder is brighter than basswood but with the midbooster is should compensate?) on the neck and a cool rails on the middle. How do you think they would sound split?
    The bridge pickup will be a Distorsion.

Re: Split cool rails (middle) and LittleSDeamon (bridge) ?

... bump...? Please people

Comment

...meeeeeh Pleeeaaase!!

Comment

Hey Pierre; I think everyone's recovering from UGD.

I have a Distortion and love it, and a Cool Rails, and love it too. Never tried a Screamin' Demon.

Your idea of using a 3-way with a couple of splitting switches should work great. Let us know if you need any help wiring it all up.

Artie

Comment

Well see, I'm a gearhead... i.e I'm always thinking about buying stuff, but of course I never have the money (I'm a student). I do plan on buying two of the pickups this summer. Maybe I'll then bypass the middle pickup and its switch, and use one toggle to split the deamon and the other to select whatever pickup I'll use for now. So yeah I will definitely need help wiring, I know nothing about it all, and my guitar is rather awkward. I have a volume, a 6db Jackson JE1000 midbooster (active), and tone controls, and 6 mini pickup switches.
          UGD seems so cool... I wish I lived in the US (or that I had money) because wow I'd have loved it. These forums seriously kick ass.

Comment

Anyone else willing to help...?

Comment

Ok... anyhoo I had another idea.
              I probably will put the Screamin' Deamon (SC size version) in the neck, the Distortion in the bridge (once I get them of course), and buy 3 miniswitches (on/on (tapped)/off). Would that work out? This way I'd have neck and bridge positions available both tapped and full, and the middle standard or maybe out of phase if I also get a 3 way minitoggle for it.

Comment

That would work. I've got a couple of different ideas, and diagrams made up of variations of this. I'll see if I can round them up and post them as soon as I get home from work.

Comment

I like the cool rails. I have no experience with the screamin' demon.

Artie is right. Have a little patience. After all, you're not planning to do anything till the summer anyway. Someone else will be along shortly I'm sure.

Artie is a wiring MASTER. He certainly can help with that.
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Well on the bay right now there is a hotrails and a coolrails for a very decent price... As soon as I get more details on about if they'll fit my guitar or not, and the payment, I may go for it. I received some money so yeah...
                    Thanks a bunch to you two!

Comment

See my note in the barden thread- Very happy with cool rails in neck position on a maple nightfly wired strat style- Also note my preference for split spining if you can dedicate a pot- Provides a lot of variety out of 1 pup!

Good luck
                      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

I've never tried the demon in the neck, but others who have say that it is a great choice there.

The cool rails is a good middle pup, but I found that a move to the neck made me a lot happier. When I had the Cool Rails in the middle position it made some pretty sweet tones with the Demon (b). IMO, the two pups are a good match. My demon is a full HB, though, and I have no experience with the lil' demon, so the relationship may change a tad.
                        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Now you guys have got me wondering if a Cool Rails might be what I'm looking for to satisfy the neck position of my Strat. The CR in the bridge is perfect, and the SSL-1 in the middle is perfect. I had an SSL-6 in the neck, but that was a bit too strong. I have a Lil 59 in there now, and its great, its just that I already have a pair of 59's in another guitar. I've got an SSL-6 "tapped" on the way, which might do it, but a CR might do it even better. That would give me, in essense, an HSH Strat.

Hmmm . . . .

Comment

I once heard the LilScreamin'Deamon on a Strat's neck and wow...It had this very sweet articulate and clear tone. I totally loved it. But it's alder and mine is basswood. In a way if I put it in the middle it'll be a bit brighter and sound more like Alder wouldn't it?
                            I may experiemnt and switch them

Comment

Working...
                            X