Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on pole piece height adjustment ...

... just a note to elicit your experiences with adjusting pole piece height

last night at practice we were playing 'take me to the river' (our take on the Eva Cassidy version from 'live at blues alley' - check it!) ... i had to play the lick that opens the song .. a little bluesy 2 note interval lick in E min Pent that i claw with my middle and ring finger ... couldnt nail the feel the way i wanted ... took my pick and put the tip of it into the screw pole piece under the b string and lifted it by a mere half turn ... perfect ...

this is the exact reason why my UGD custom shop pup is a double screw bobbin CC

you guys fuss with individual pole piece height?

cheers
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: on pole piece height adjustment ...

All the time. There are those who will tell you it doesn't make a difference but as you discovered, they're wrong.
    Generic signature line.

Comment

Working...
    X