Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for some pups

Hi,

I did some listening to different SD pups here and there.

Based on the samples on the SD website and comparing with the pups on my guitar, the Framus, I've came to conclusion that it's very similar
    so based on that I could assume that if I liked a certain pup it might sit nice on my guitar.

The JB and the 59 sounded too treblish, even on the SD samples itself,
    it just sounds bright and very unflattering and not big enough.

What is your opinion about the Seth lovers, the A2p and the Pearly gates?
    those were some of the pups to my liking based on the samples.

Thank you.

Re: Need advice for some pups

which model guitar is it?
    Is it a solid body?
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

I personally love A2 mag pups. I've personally got a APH in the bridge of my heritage, it is nice and thick with good bass, plenty of mids, and a round smooth top end. The CC is a great sounding HO pup. Its like a APH taken to the next level. The PG has more mids and output than other PAF style pups. It has a sizzle in the presence control range. I haven't used a seth, but lots of guys here love them.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Hi again,

Well, I forgot to mention.
        The model is Renegade Pro, a solid body electric.
        The body is made with 2 pieces of US light swamp Ash,
        the neck is made of Ovangkol, I don't know the origin, and the fretboard is Rosewood, 22 frets in a 25.5" scale.

I hope this gives you enough Info.

Looking forward for more recommendations.

Thanks.

Comment

Swamp Ash tends to high a snappy high end and prominent bass. I think that A2 pups would work great!

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
            Swamp Ash tends to high a snappy high end and prominent bass. I think that A2 pups would work great!

Luke
            hey, Luke... what does your profile pic mean... I have a friend with that same symbol on the back of his car but always forget to ask him what it means?
            Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
            Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
            Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
            Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

Working...
            X