Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup sound samples

guys

have any of you a/b'd the sound samples from pickups on both your computer speakers and a home stereo or portable MP3 player? ... the difference is staggering ... it is very cool that SD makes the samples available over the web, but unless the sound card / computer speakers are real high quality, they are not going to do the best possible job of illuminating the subtle differences between pickups .. i use to just think that i just had very pedestrian tastes and unsophisticated ears when it came to really 'hearing' pickups, not being able to tell the differences between all but the most dramatically different pickups ... i listened to the CDs we got in the goodie bag and DAMN i was FLOORED ...

thoughts?

t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: pickup sound samples

If you've read the info text above the sound samples on the site, you'll have noticed that it says that you'll need a good sound system... (like mine ;p)

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Working...
    X