Bare Knuckle Miracle Man/Irish Tour ... initial impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare Knuckle Miracle Man/Irish Tour ... initial impressions

This isn't my official review of the new pups I installed into my TOC guitar (The Twilight Odyssey Custom), but here are my initial impressions I just got from wailing on the guitar for a good 10 minutes after I got the bridge level and the strings to pitch. Just writing this now to document my first impressions while they are still fresh in my mind, and see if the differ after I've lived with the pups for a bit, and the guitar has 'settled' a little more.

This is the guitar:

It started life as an ESP Kamikaze 4. New neck, new hardware, and new pups went into this rebuild. Body is 1 piece maple, neck is 1 piece rock maple with birdseye maple fingerboard.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS
    Bridge Pickup: Miracle Man with Nailbomb Cammo Cover.
    Huge sounding. Very articulate. Can really hear what the maple is doing now, tonally. Reminds me of Back For The Attack era DOKKEN. Very bright (glad I got a covered pup). Very high resolution, every nuance is preserved. Great sustain.

Neck Pickup: Irish Tour with Green Cover.
    Pure vintage tone. Bell-like. Eats the my rail pups and for breakfast. Buttery fatness. Suprisingly little volume drop from the Miracle Man. Best single coil I've ever owned.

I will have to live with these pups for a few days before I post anything conclusive ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Bare Knuckle Miracle Man/Irish Tour ... initial impressions

Ya gonna play hockey with that guitar too, to?

glad you like those pickups man.......oddly enough, Thats exaclty what i GUESSED they'd sound like........am i good or what?
    Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Originally posted by Nite_Maresz_25
      Ya gonna play hockey with that guitar too, to?
      Enough out of you!
      I thought you got the mockery out of your system when you heckled me through AIM!

Comment

WOW...sounds like so far so good! I really hope those work out for you...they look cool, thats for sure! Keep us posted, I would like to know if you change your mind after a while.

What Duncan is the Miracle Man closest too, that you have used? I just want an idea of the overall tone and output.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Can't wait for your full review TO.

Your guitar looks great too.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
            Enough out of you!
            I thought you got the mockery out of your system when you heckled me through AIM!
            sorry..........THAT is out of my system.........I could go on for days on how poor you make me feel.....but i won't, cause im nice like that....

o BTW whats mockery?

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
              What Duncan is the Miracle Man closest too, that you have used? I just want an idea of the overall tone and output.
              I really hate to say this, but none that I have ever experienced. I really need to live with the pups for a few days, and of course take the guitar to practice Wednesday night (9pm in the Ultra Room @ Ultrasound NYC, if anyone wants to stop by ... ); then I can begin to get a more firm grasp on the sound.

I guess if I had to choose a pup, for immediate comparisons, it would proably be the Duncan Distortion. I mean, the tone I'm getting is a dead ringer for the tone Lynch got on Back For The Attack, and that's through my VG88. Tomorrow it goes through the Knucklehead and JCM800 . The sound clips coming up will help everyone to make their own decisions, as well.
              Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 05-02-2005, 08:58 PM.

Comment

mock·er·y =
                a specific act of ridicule or derision.

Comment

I really hate to say this, but none that I have ever experienced. I really need to live with the pups for a few days, and of course take the guitar to practice Wednesday night (9pm in the Ultra Room @ Ultrasound NYC, if anyone wants to stop by ... ); then I can begin to get a more firm grasp on the sound.

I guess if I had to choose a pup, for immediate comparisons, it would proably be the Duncan Distortion. I mean, the tone I'm getting is a dead ringer for the tone Lynch got on Back For The Attack, and that's through my VG88. Tomorrow it goes through the Knucklehead and JCM800 . The sound clips coming up will help everyone to make their own decisions, as well.

Im curious...what does your rig consist of...what i mean is what do you play through?
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

mock·er·y =
                    a specific act of ridicule or derision.
                    you welcome!!!oh and I would stop by your practice dingy, but I dont want you to play hockey all over my face and then make me feel poor!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
                      Can't wait for your full review TO.

Your guitar looks great too.
                      Thanx!

Comment

Im curious...what does your rig consist of...what i mean is what do you play through?
                        MAIN RIG is:
                        Fulltone Full-Drive 2 into either a 2000 Rivera Knucklehead K100 or 1985 Marshall JCM800 head (50W). Fulltone Fat Boost through the effects loop as a solo boost.
                        Top cab is a Rivera slant 4x12. Bottom cab is a Fane loaded HiWatt 4x12.

Comment

MAIN RIG is:
                          Fulltone Full-Drive 2 into either a 2000 Rivera Knucklehead K100 or 1985 Marshall JCM800 head (50W). Fulltone Fat Boost through the effects loop as a solo boost.
                          Top cab is a Rivera slant 4x12. Bottom cab is a Fane loaded HiWatt 4x12.

OK...when you said you werwe gonna try the new pups through th Rivera and the 800, i go the idea that you played through both, and that's a lot of amp!

Comment

OK...when you said you werwe gonna try the new pups through th Rivera and the 800, i go the idea that you played through both, and that's a lot of amp!
                            Sometimes I do, when I use a Radial Headbone VT head switcher or Morely ABY ... mwahahaha!

Comment

I bet that whole rig sounds awesome. You should post a Dokken clip.

That's an awesome guitar. I'm thinking of getting something similar (minus the paint) since I'm also a big Lynch fan. Is a maple (it's maple, right?) body with a maple neck and fretboard too bright? Would it be too bright with a Screamin Demon?
                              formerly n00b

Comment

Working...
                              X