Kramer QuadRod and DualRod Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer QuadRod and DualRod Pickups

I was just curious as to how many people have ever used these and what they thought of them for their price.

For those who haven't and might like to know about 'em, here's a link to a photo of 'em used in a strat-style pickguard and some specs. (Don't know what kind of magnets are used in them, it doesn't say.)

Here's a product demo used in one of their "Riff of the Week" sessions, and it's used in lots of others on the list, which you'll find if you scroll down.

The usual price for the 3 pickup set is $60 (which includes the pickguard to be put on your strat, volume pot with tap mode, and 2 tone controls, and 5-way pickup selector all prewired and just needs to be added to the guitar with two solder connections). Right now, it's on sale for $40. Seems like a good deal, but I want personal opinions.

Basically, just wondering if you think it's junk or good band for the buck.
    Last edited by sufferinrewind; 05-04-2005, 12:07 PM.

Re: Kramer QuadRod and DualRod Pickups

yes they are very good.
    many i know that bought a kramer kept these in their guitars.
    the bridge pup is kind of similar to a tone zone and the neck/middle are like the dimarzio
    cruiser's
    1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
    2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
    1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
    1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
    Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
    5150 block letter head
    4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

Re: Kramer QuadRod and DualRod Pickups

Originally posted by WICKED LESTER
      yes they are very good.
      many i know that bought a kramer kept these in their guitars.
      the bridge pup is kind of similar to a tone zone and the neck/middle are like the dimarzio
      cruiser's
      Thanks a bunch. I was thinking of getting them to add some taste my cheapo strat because of the price, but I've been a bit skeptical. There's one Riff of the Week session where he plays a blues lead with a little overdrive, and it sounds pretty nice and clean from what I can hear, but it wasn't a very long clip, so I didn't really have anything but a few seconds of sound to base my opinion on, and that's not enough for me. Plus, the fact that that was the only time he used it that way, everything else is distorted classic rock-esque stuff, which sounds great, but I need good clean tone as well.

Comment

Working...
      X