P90 stack clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 stack clips

Can someone who has the P90 stack in his or her guitar (preferably at the bridge) be kind enough to send a clip of it at high gain to me?
    My email is [email protected]

I'm deciding whether to take out the P90 Custom Custom Customs on my guitar and replace it with either one of the following

1) Dimarzio DLX Plus (bridge)
    2) P90 Stack

Anyone with experience with these two pickups, please advise... thanks!

Pier.

Re: P90 stack clips

Comment

Originally posted by lppier
      Anyone with experience with these two pickups, please advise... thanks!

Pier.
      Hi Pier,

Welcome to the forum. I once had a Les Paul Deluxe that I installed a set of P-90 Stacks in and I really liked them. They were very loud and fat. They didn't have the vintage P-90 sound but they did have the character; just fatter.
      -Butch

Comment

How did they sound under high gain?

Pier.

Comment

Fat as in humbucker fat? The problem with my pickups now is that they sound thin when put to high gain. I would like some semblance of the P90 tone but I don't mind it sounding somewhat humbuckerish either...

Pier.

Originally posted by Butch Snyder
          Hi Pier,

Welcome to the forum. I once had a Les Paul Deluxe that I installed a set of P-90 Stacks in and I really liked them. They were very loud and fat. They didn't have the vintage P-90 sound but they did have the character; just fatter.

Comment

Originally posted by lppier
            Fat as in humbucker fat? The problem with my pickups now is that they sound thin when put to high gain. I would like some semblance of the P90 tone but I don't mind it sounding somewhat humbuckerish either...

Pier.
            If that's the case, it sounds like the P90 stack would be a good choice for you. You might try doing a search, I seem to recall forum member BlueGuitar posting a lengthy review of this pickup. The general consensus was that it was very fat sounding and that it did get a good P90 tone, but it sounded a bit more like a humbucker than a traditional P90.

Ryan
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
              If that's the case, it sounds like the P90 stack would be a good choice for you. You might try doing a search, I seem to recall forum member BlueGuitar posting a lengthy review of this pickup. The general consensus was that it was very fat sounding and that it did get a good P90 tone, but it sounded a bit more like a humbucker than a traditional P90.

Ryan

I agree with both Butch & Ryan. I have a set in the red Special in my avatar. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to send you a clip at this time, but I think the pups are killer.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Working...
              X