question about neck height pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about neck height pup

ok hey..... I have got my CC in the bridge sounding good! on my 77 Les Paul Custom Gibson

but the Alnico II Pro still doesnt seem right...

when I measure height from last fretted E to the pup, do you meassure on the pup from the middle up to the string or from all the way Left looking down (neck to your left) on the pup.

I'm not sure if i have it too close or too far away. some feedback is much appreciated!
    In The Blue Zone -

Re: question about neck height pup

Originally posted by BPLive
    ok hey..... I have got my CC in the bridge sounding good! on my 77 Les Paul Custom Gibson

when I measure height from last fretted E to the pup, do you meassure on the pup from the middle up to the string or from all the way Left looking down (neck to your left) on the pup.

I'm not sure if i have it too close or too far away. some feedback is much appreciated!
    I Like my neck humbuckers almost flush with the plastic mounting ring...I Measure from the bottom of each E string to the top of the screws on the pickup...This is with the strings depressed at the highest frets....You should be around 3/32" on both sides measured this way...Neck pickups usually sound better to me adjusted down like I explain because theres alot of string vibration there...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Re: question about neck height pup

Originally posted by BPLive

Here's my les paul with a 59 neck so you can see where I set my neck heights..From my own tutorial....

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Measure up from the top of the screw aprox 5mm should do it then use your ears till it sounds right. Too close and the p/up will pull on the strings too far and the signal from the strings will be weak but what is too weak is partly a matter of taste
        Well it works for me!
        Last edited by Oldslowhand; 03-16-2004, 02:16 PM.
        This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
        Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
        Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
        Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Working...
        X