Pickup ID - 'JMN'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup ID - 'JMN'?

written in red on a label of a double cream.. wth is it?! gibson?

Re: Pickup ID - 'JMN'?

ask the guy for a clearer picture of the baseplate.
    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

I would Speculate an error in the label and itīs a Jazz-Neck, or the listing (canīt read the sticker on that pic)...Or itīs not a real Duncan..

JN(x) would normally be a Jazz Neck, and JMB(x) would be a Jazz Bridge....
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

yea, i reckon its not a real duncan, but hey its double cream, for one

Comment

well.. if he gives ya a clrearer pic.. the duncans have the logo stamped on it and it could be an older production model

could be Jazz model Neck.. or something.. AFAIK is they do ship double creme bobbins under the pup covers

Comment

Originally posted by Imp
            yea, i reckon its not a real duncan, but hey its double cream, for one
            Until Dimarzio trademarked DCs, everyone made them. The Red label would denote an older Duncan, quite possibly made before the TM-scandal.

And as Davey said, those dang covers sometimes just fall off
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

honestly, standards these days..

the guy emailed back, says he cant provide anything better.. im gonna ask him for the impedance (loooooong shot ).. might shed some light.

when did the double-cream thing happen then?

tom

Comment

The original name for the Jazz was John Milner, named for a character in the movie American Graffity...it was later changed to Jazz so people could link it to a tone...that is a VERY old Jazz neck as far as I know.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

goddamn! cheers man! lol i'm asking him for the impedance now

Comment

Working...
                  X