Pickups for a Les Paul Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickups for a Les Paul Custom

[QUOTE=\m/(00)\m/i was thinking about maybe an sh-14 Custom 5 for bridge and the 59 for neck. alot of people have a C5 in their les pauls and they swear by it.[/QUOTE]

That's my combination in my 79 LP Custom, and I love it.

I have used the Duncan Distortion and Custom in that guitar too, and both were great for getting heavy metal tones. The Custom was good for 80s hair band stuff, while the Distortion was better for Judas Priest/Metallica tones. I never found the ebony board to add any extra shrillness, as I used both of these pickups on rosewood neck guitars too.

But for my current tastes, the Custom 5 gets the sound I want. Highs are bright but never thin, lows are tight but still warm. The 59 neck is a perfect compliment, smooth and warm alone but gutsy and punchy with both pickups on.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

[QUOTE=cvansickle]
      Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/i was thinking about maybe an sh-14 Custom 5 for bridge and the 59 for neck. alot of people have a C5 in their les pauls and they swear by it.[/QUOTE

That's my combination in my 79 LP Custom, and I love it.

I have used the Duncan Distortion and Custom in that guitar too, and both were great for getting heavy metal tones. The Custom was good for 80s hair band stuff, while the Distortion was better for Judas Priest/Metallica tones. I never found the ebony board to add any extra shrillness, as I used both of these pickups on rosewood neck guitars too.

But for my current tastes, the Custom 5 gets the sound I want. Highs are bright but never thin, lows are tight but still warm. The 59 neck is a perfect compliment, smooth and warm alone but gutsy and punchy with both pickups on.
      have you checked out the JB?

Comment

Cvansickle,

have you checked out the JB?

Comment

Working...
        X