banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What neck pup will balance well with an 8.2k Broadcaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What neck pup will balance well with an 8.2k Broadcaster?

I'm finally getting serious about replacing the stock neck pup in my Standard Tele(alder, 4 way switch) and need some tips on what will match with my Broadcaster? It's a bit hotter than the current Broadcasters so I'm a bit confused on what will match well. The Hot Rhythm has been mentioned before, what about the noiseless pups? Or am I better off choosing a different combo all together?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: What neck pup will balance well with an 8.2k Broadcaster?

the Hot Rhythm sounds like a natural to me

what's the neck rout, BTW ... Lew might suggest a vintage type strat pickup if the rout's OK
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

i was gonna say the same thing, i like the sound of a strat pup in the neck with a tele in the bridge. a ssl1 or antiquity would be my first choice

Comment

Thanks Curly, it's got an HB route in the neck so it has plenty of room. How will the bridge/neck combined sound with a higher output strat neck? I recall that Lew stated that position sounded best with a lower output neck.
        Originally posted by Curly
        the Hot Rhythm sounds like a natural to me

what's the neck rout, BTW ... Lew might suggest a vintage type strat pickup if the rout's OK
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

You could also try a Phat Cat or SM1 or SM3 Firebird-style mini-HB neck pickup if you prefer a warmer sound or more mids than a typical Strat pickup. Your Broadcaster would definitely work with the SM-1n and SM-3n, and if it sounds as hot as the ohms suggest then it will also balance well with the PC neck. All 3 of these options will sound great when combined with a good Tele lead pickup. I tend to prefer these options over a Strat pickup -- although others clearly lean the other way.

Comment

SM-1, definately.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Hey, I am looking to replace my Tele neck as well. Today I wondered about a P90. Thoughts?

The mini HB suggestion also appeals to me. I will have to do some measuring to see if it will fit.
              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Good input guys, keep it coming. I lean toward a good, chimey strat neck tone. I've got good HB neck guitars already, although I have thought about the mini or full size hb neck.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to try out a Fralin Blues Special neck thanks to my forum bro Dave.

Comment

Working...
                  X