Jimmy Page Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Page Wiring

I am planning on doing the JP wiring in my Edwards LP, I have the schematic, but I'm looking for a list of the combinations, as far as I know there are 21, is that right?

Does such a list exist (that wasn't supposed to rhyme), because so far I can't find one...
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Re: Jimmy Page Wiring

I've never seen an actual list, but with 4 push/pull pots and a 3-way, you have 48 switch combinations. Of course, that doesn't mean they're all unique. I'll have to look over that diagram and see what there is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      I've never seen an actual list, but with 4 push/pull pots and a 3-way, you have 48 switch combinations. Of course, that doesn't mean they're all unique. I'll have to look over that diagram and see what there is.
      No, there are only 21 combinations. Try The Les Paul Forum, they might be able to help you out.

"Thou Shalt Not Spilleth Thy Beer"

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Classic's, Fender Stratocaster
      Amps: Soldano SLO 100, Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special, Hughes & Kettner Tube 20

Comment

I meant that there are 48 physical combinations, but I'm sure they aren't all usable.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
          I meant that there are 48 physical combinations, but I'm sure they aren't all usable.
          I misunderstood. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks,

I found out a little more, ther are 2 coil taps (bridge & neck), one phase reverse (bridge) and one for parallel (I think this is only when both pu's are on)

Apart from that all I can find is abou half a dozen different versions of the same schematic! (I have a decent one already though)

Comment

Just for the fun of it. I'm going to take that diagram to work with me, and see if I can make a list of all the switch positions and what they do.

I'll report back tonight.

Comment

Cool, thanks Artie

Comment

Yeah, I'd also like to know the exact details of the Jimmy Page wiring. If we can get something concrete posted here, maybe we could vault this too? I know the user OldSlowhand has the Jimmy Page wiring, but I havent seen him around in a long while...
                  7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

One schematic of the JP mod

Simpler one

Here's one with a total of 22 diff combos

Comment

You might try this site for an idea of parts needed-
                      " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Thanks guys, I have the schem. and parts list already, I was just curious to find out what the 21 positions were as I can't find a list anywhere.

But fear not, Artie is on the case!

Comment

Since SD had this schematic on their site a while back, It is sort of surprising that no one knows anything about it.

Comment

It still doesn't tell you what the 21 pos. are though, weird because on all the ones I have seen with superswitches and the like, they always list the combinations...

Comment

Originally posted by rinse_master
                              It still doesn't tell you what the 21 pos. are though, weird because on all the ones I have seen with superswitches and the like, they always list the combinations...
                              Yeah, that was my point. SD had it on their site, but no one knows the positions. Odd...

Comment

Working...
                              X