AlNiCo 1,3,4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlNiCo 1,3,4?

Well... why aren't they used that often? How do they sound compared to 2&5s?
    thanks

7ender 7anboy.

Re: AlNiCo 1,3,4?

AFAIK, 3 is close to 2, with a hint of 5 & 4 is close to 5 with a hint of 2, never heard of Alnico 1 though...

Sorry, it looks like a cross between morse code and a cooking recipe!
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

I'm not aware of Alnico 1. I don't know if it even exists. Alnico 2-8 have been used in pickups though. Apparently some of the PAF's used alnico 3 and 4. Lindy Fralin's humbuckers use a4 and so do many of Bare Knuckle pickups. I'd bet that there are other boutique pickups that use a4 too. The original p90's used a2 or a3. Lipstick pickups (as in Danelectro) used a6. I think some of the Ibanez pickups used a8 (edit -- true it was the Super 70).

Edit: correction -- there is such a thing as A1

Dexter is the leading manufacturer of Quality Permanent Magnet & Custom Magnetic Assemblies with 66 years of expertise. Integrated Magnet Solutions Provider
      Last edited by gripweed; 06-16-2005, 07:37 AM.
      Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

http://www.eclipse-magnetics.co.uk/C...co/default.htm This site has Alnico 1- 8

EDIT: Gripweed just beat me too it.
        Last edited by APB_4; 06-16-2005, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X