X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Angus
    replied
    Re: Pickup advice needed ASAP

I would think the JB would be a fantastic pickup for you, and for anyone, but with those vintage flats it might be too great an output jump because the JB is a noticably higher output pickup.

Id actually recommend something like a pearly gates for the bridge just to give you something a little bit hot but not overpowering output wise. A pearly gates, or even a seth would be a great choice.

The seth would be more vintage, but i like my bridge pickups to be a bit (if not a fair bit) hotter than the others so that when i want that hotness its there, which is something i think every bridge pickup should be able to do. So on that note, id have to recommend the pearly gates, i think that would rock in the bridge of that guitar

Leave a comment:

• Metalman_666
    replied
    Re: Pickup advice needed ASAP

in response to question 1, a 59 might be right up your alley. Of course then a JB might do well too, depending on your rig

Leave a comment:

• momitchell
    started a topic Pickup advice needed ASAP

Pickup advice needed ASAP

Greetings all! I just purchased 2 SSL-2 pickups (Vintage Flats) to install in a H-S-S pickguard for my Carvin Bolt guitar. I ordered one regular and one RW/RP.

Question 1: What is a good bridge humbucker that will blend nicely with these 2 single coils? Maybe a '59? I would like to get a nice sound in position 4 with the middle pickup and one coil from the humbucker. Are the individual coils from a '59 too weak for good splitting sounds???

Question 2: Which of the two SSL-2 pickups (if either) would cancel hum when activated with the non-adjustable coil of a SD humbucker? Isn't it usually the non-adjustable coil that stays on when the red/white wire combo is grounded? It shouldn't matter if I use the RW/RP pickup in the neck or middle since either configuration would provide noise reduction in postion 2.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice you can provide!

Regards,

Morris
Working...
X