Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which P-90 for LP bridge

Hi All,
    I'm trying to decide which P-90 to put in the bridge of my Les Paul. I've been using a Vintage neck and a Hot Neck in the bridge position. It's been working ok but I'm getting tired of the "chain saw" tone when I use a lot of gain. So I'm thinking either a Hot Bridge or the Custom Bridge. I'd like to get a smoother, less harsh, maybe even a little darker sound. Any suggestions?
    Thanx

Re: Which P-90 for LP bridge

Try the Stack. Got a set in my Hamer Special.
    <----------
    No noise, all the grit and grind & yes, a little "darker". Love 'em.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle
      Try the Stack. Got a set in my Hamer Special.
      <----------
      No noise, all the grit and grind & yes, a little "darker". Love 'em.

Peace,

Darrin
      I would go for a P-90 Stack as well. I had a set in a Les Paul Deluxe I used to own. Very loud, fat, and smooth.
      -Butch

Comment

DiMarzio has their regular line of Humbuckers in a P-90 shape as well! You can get a Super Distortion,Tone Zone,ect... in a P-90. I`ll bet it would sound killer!!!!!!

Comment

Hey Dude,

I just tried out a Seymour Custom Soapbar Bridge.

Its definately not 'smooth' in the traditional sense. Its a very aggressive soapbar.

When they say full-frequency response, they aint lying. Its got alot of bass, but also, ALOT of treble. and, its LOUD. I'm talking super loud!!!

I'd reccomend the custom soapbar pickup for a relatively fat, dark sounding guitar. On my airy-thin sounding LP Jr. Faded DC, it didnt work out. (however, if you wanna give it a whirl, I'm selling mine...cheap!)

I'd vote to say that the Hot Bridge Soapboar would suit you well. It seems to have a emphasis on the mids, which will smooth out the top end, eliminating that "chainsaw grind" you speak of.

Comment

I've got an LP Studio that (one of these days...) I'm gonna put a vintage neck in the neck and a custom neck in the bridge - that's the Paul Reed Smith combo...lot's of good feedback on that combo.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X