Closest Duncan Model to compare with Gibson 498T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest Duncan Model to compare with Gibson 498T

The 498T has some upper mid prominence...but alos has some more of the lower mids with less bass like a Custom...and it's pretty hot....

Any clues as to what would be most similar? a JB? I'm a bit worried w/ my experience with JBs in Les Pauls it may be too shrill or harsh in the upper mids...and lack bass....but the bird doesnt have the maple top either...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Closest Duncan Model to compare with Gibson 498T

Originally posted by JeffB
    The 498T has some upper mid prominence...but alos has some more of the lower mids with less bass like a Custom...and it's pretty hot....

Any clues as to what would be most similar? a JB? I'm a bit worried w/ my experience with JBs in Les Pauls it may be too shrill or harsh in the upper mids...and lack bass....but the bird doesnt have the maple top either...
    the "JB" is the only one that is even in that ballpark
    1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
    2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
    1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
    1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
    Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
    5150 block letter head
    4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

Re: Closest Duncan Model to compare with Gibson 498T

Originally posted by WICKED LESTER
      the "JB" is the only one that is even in that ballpark
      My thoughts too.
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
      X