• Show
Clear All

• Did you know that the BREED neck model

makes a great bridge pup?
    It sounds like a PAF only has more juice
    much nicer than the paf pro, it has more harmonics and bass also
    real great bridge pup
    aslo the air norton kicks butt in the bridge
    1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
    2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
    1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
    1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
    Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
    5150 block letter head
    4 1960B marshall cabs

Re: Did you know that the BREED neck model

great to hear!!! i just ordered an "air norton" for the bridge slot of my ibanez rg565,which has a basswood body & all-maple neck/fretboard.i'm looking to replace the paf pro that's in my guitar right now.the paf pro is a great pickup,but it's just a little thin on the bottom end in this type of guitar.the guys at dimarzio recommended an air norton or breed-neck model to fit the description of "a paf pro tone with a fatter bottom end" without going too overboard.i did try a breed-bridge model in a friends ibanez rg but thought it was a little too much on the bass & mids,otherwise a great pickup also......curious to know how you would compare the air norton to the breed-neck model??? what are the differences between the two??? thanks!

Comment

i have no clue about what is a good dimarzio pickup but would a breed neck model go good in the bridge paired with a '59 in the neck on a mahogonay guitar? i want a bridge pickup with plenty of mids and bass good for crunch and palm muting (not crazy death metal type, just crunchy). i dont like the 59 paired with the JB because the jb is a tad too bright for what i want, and too hot compared with the 59

Comment

Yep it would be since the breed bridge model sounds pretty good, im assuming the neck model would be alot more like a thicker, bassier paf pro.
        PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
        1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
        Blackstar HT-5
        2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
        Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDWING68NV
          great to hear!!! i just ordered an "air norton" for the bridge slot of my ibanez rg565,which has a basswood body & all-maple neck/fretboard.i'm looking to replace the paf pro that's in my guitar right now.the paf pro is a great pickup,but it's just a little thin on the bottom end in this type of guitar.the guys at dimarzio recommended an air norton or breed-neck model to fit the description of "a paf pro tone with a fatter bottom end" without going too overboard.i did try a breed-bridge model in a friends ibanez rg but thought it was a little too much on the bass & mids,otherwise a great pickup also......curious to know how you would compare the air norton to the breed-neck model??? what are the differences between the two??? thanks!
          the breed neck model is fatter,warmer and has more clarity than the air norton
          it also is hotter in output
          the air norton in the bridge is great but is more NASALLY toned the breed is better balanced tonally(more like a P.A.F)
          the air norton does however have some unusal fred like harmonics the breed neck does not have.
          Of the two i prefer the breed neck in the bridge and in the neck spot over the air norton.
          1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
          2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
          1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
          1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
          Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
          5150 block letter head
          4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

Working...
          X