Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing pickups in a ibanez rg

Hey everyone,

I have just got some invaders for my RG1527 seven string and I am having a problem wiring it in. I had to remove the bottom plate from the pickup (neck) because the one on the pickup would not allow it to sit low enough. I put the one from the guitar on the bottom, which meant I had to pull the thing apart. As far as I could tell it all went ok but can't be sure. I have only done the neck pick up so far. I rewired it exactly as I found the old pickup so not sure if that could be a problem cos it needs wiring differently? According to the wiring diagram on the ibanez web site the guitar should be set up as follows

The problem I am having is that the in the neck position on the five way swith (all the way to the end closest to the neck) sounds fine but when it is in the second position, which is meant to be "parallel connected", it seems to be only outputting a very small amount. I didn't think it was working at all at first but when I turned on distortion it made a small amount of sound. I tested the pots on the pickup when it was in the second position with a screw driver to see if it would make a noise when touched but it only seems to be live on the humbucker closest to the bridge.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Any help would be so so so so so so much appriciated.

Cheers

Rob "The Shred Monkey" Shillito

Re: Installing pickups in a ibanez rg

Hi Rob. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, that link isn't working for me, but I can tell you that Duncan and Ibby wiring color codes are not the same. If you wired up the Duncans using the Ibby diagram, you'll probably have several problems. Also, Ibby doesn't even use standardized color codes for all their pickups, so I can't even make you an overall conversion chart.

I'll keep trying that link later on. If it eventually works, I'll post the proper color codes.

Artie

Comment

When installing new pickups on an Ibanez, I would also replace the pots with CTS pots, put a resistor and capacitator on the volume pot, and use a Megaswitch. Guitarelectronics.com is an excellent site that has many different wiring digrams if you get the megaswitch, and is an excellent source for parts.

Comment

I realize this post is a few years old.... however I'm having the exact same problem with sw postion 2. What fixed yours?

Comment

Working...
        X