signal bleed through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal bleed through

I usually use mini toggle switches when wiring my pickups. When I use a on/off/on switch I always get bleed through in the off position. I have tried grounding the switches but that just makes it worse. Is there a solution?

Snowdog

make sure the switch is fairly clean like no excess solder or no little strands of wire loose/sticking out......hope you understand this.....
    Guitars:
    87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
    86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
    87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
    Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
    Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
    Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

Yes all of the solder joints are clean and there aren't any crossed wires.

Snowdog

Comment

Well this phenomenon isn't perticular to any one guitar. I have three guitars wired with on/off/on switches and all get bleed through from the switches. I even have a few with standard spst switches but in the off position I still get bleed through.

Snowdog

Comment

I am just asking if there is a way to stop the bleed through in the off position! I know that the guitars are wired correctly. I can wire the switch straight to a jack and it will still bleed through. The switch is wired for series/split/parallel as shown on this and many other websites. Except the middle position is off rather than on. How can I get rid of bleed through on mini toggles?

Snowdog

Comment

Working...
          X