PU Suggestions for SG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PU Suggestions for SG?

I have an American Strat with a Maple neck with a C5 in the bridge. I LOVE the tone I get out of this guitar.

I also have a 2002 SG Standard with the original pups. I'm thinking about replacing these with a set of duncans. Any suggestions on what to put in there to get a similiar sound to my strat? (I realize I won't get the same exact tone)

Maybe another C5? Or something different all together?
    thereveling.com

Re: PU Suggestions for SG?

if it was my SG, i'd load it with Seth lovers. i've never used these, but i've heard clips and they kick ass. you could get anything from an angus young type of tone to sweet warm blues. i wouldn't buy another C5, try something different.

Comment

anyone else have suggestions? I mostly use this guitar for rock/punk through a 100watt DSL.

To me the stock pups sound a little muddy. They don't sound horrible, but I think an improvement could be made.
      thereveling.com

Comment

would anyone happen to have any sounds clips of a seth lover in an SG? I'd love to hear what it sounds like before I buy one.
        thereveling.com

Comment

there are sound clips of all the duncan humbuckers in a lp, link is on the main duncan site.
          i had a pgn/c5 combo in my sg and i loved it!! before than i had a 59n/custom in there. both sounded good the custom was more aggressive and might work a little better for punk and you already have a c5 so why not try something different.

you could always drop the c5 you already have into the sg to try it out

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Which pup, the C5 or custom had the fullest sound in your SG?

Right now these stock pups sound kind of thin to me, especially on the higher strings.
            thereveling.com

Comment

I decided I'm going to go with a 59n/Custom combo. I haven't replaced covered pups before...if I order these duncans without covers, will my stock pup covers fit over these new pickups?
              thereveling.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                there are sound clips of all the duncan humbuckers in a lp, link is on the main duncan site.
                i had a pgn/c5 combo in my sg and i loved it!! before than i had a 59n/custom in there. both sounded good the custom was more aggressive and might work a little better for punk and you already have a c5 so why not try something different.

you could always drop the c5 you already have into the sg to try it out
                I'll go along with Jeremy on this one with the suggestion of a 59n/Custom, which is my choice for my Epi G400. The Custom sounds very aggressive cranked up with a little distortion, attaining EVH-like tones with ease.

Comment

i have a JB/59 combo in my SG.. i damn LOVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                  X