hardrock/blues pickup for a les paul custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardrock/blues pickup for a les paul custom

hey i was wondering what would be a good combo for a hardrock/blues sound in a les paul custom....i have a JB/59 combo in it right now but i find the JB to be a bit too bright if u can think of a pickup to be less bright maybe u could suggest some amp settings or positionings for the pickup to help me out...thanks

Re: hardrock/blues pickup for a les paul custom

C5/59 combo?

Comment

About any of the PAF style pups....59, Seth, Pearly Gates, etc...(Bridge)
      Jazz(my preference) neck.
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

yea th C5 and the pearly gates were the ones i was leaning towards too bad there wasnt a store around here where u could go try them out lol

Comment

I have the C-5/PGn combo in a LP and it works quite well for the blues/hardrock thing.

If you want more blues and classic rock (still plenty hard) an Antiquity set is also killer sounding.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

The Custom 5 seems to be this forums "little tone secret" because it's almost unbelievable that Duncan hasn't marketed the living sh!t outta this pickup and raked in the profits! The fact that I walk into every guitar store that sells Duncans and don't see one single C-5, not to mention that the C-5 isn't even added yet to the tone chart on this site is something that Seymour should be screaming about!

If you have a Les Paul Custom, contact Blackrose or Lewguitar and order a set of gold covered Custom 5/59N or possibly a Jazz or PG neck, if you like a bit less output from your neck pickup.

Les Paul Custom Historic 35th Anniversary
            Gold Custom 5/59n/59n. The PILLAR of hardrock/blues LP tone. Period!
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X