banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat Tele Wiring Mod Idea: Any Inputs? (Techincal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Tele Wiring Mod Idea: Any Inputs? (Techincal)

Techies, your input is highly appreciated!

I have a jd in the bridge, a fender texas special strat sc in the middle and antiquity hb in the neck of my 1piece hardash body maple neck tele. Now it has a 5 way blade-switch and 2 push pull 500K pots (the first to activate the bridge in any position and the second to run the output through a 230K resistance unit if needed (Lew thanks, prior to getting yours I was using a 130K, the one you've sent is way better)).

What do you think about the following idea? Crazy???

I am thinking of swapping one of the push/pull pots (activating the resistance unit) with a dual concentric 500/500K pot. One part would be the master volume. the other would control the bridge if active. That is I am thinking to "copy and paste" the existing vol control to the lower of the dual concentric pot. Then I am thinking of inputting the bridge to the other pot (of the dual concentric) and then connect the central lug to the 5way switch. That way, when I use the bridge with the neck and/or middle, I can increase the decrease the output from the bridge.

I am aware that when I am using the bridge, I will be running the signal through 2 500K pots, thus will lose some bite. Yet it is already 500K well above 250K, so the decrease in the signal is afterall not that bad, no? On the contrary it might be even good.

What do you think?

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: Fat Tele Wiring Mod Idea: Any Inputs? (Techincal)

If I understand this correctly, you'll have a dedicated volume control for the bridge p'up, who's output will go to the 5-way, who's output will go to the master volume control.

It sounds like an interesting idea that could work great. Only experimentation will tell for sure.

If you do it, let us know how it sounds.

Comment

ArtieToo, I was hoping you'd show up in this thread! Thanks for the reply.

So that idea of mine is cool, not that stupid afterall, otherwise you'd known!

Sure I'll let you guys know.
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

if i understand this all correctly, i think it will work and sound pretty cool
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
        X