Mike Tempesta M33 Duncan Design M33 Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tempesta M33 Duncan Design M33 Blade

Tell me about this pickup? Is it just a gimmick, is their a real Duncan that it's modeled after, a custom shop job maybe? Is this what Mike is really using, or is he using a Distortion? (I had heard he uses the SH-6 Distortion).

Thanks

Re: Mike Tempesta M33 Duncan Design M33 Blade

I believe he had a custom shop pickup made for him. But I believe he's now using a Distorion or JB, not sure.

Comment

The blade pickup is based on an HB-103, which is modeled after a Duncan Distortion. It was used in a 5-string guitar, which is why Schecter decided to use blades (so string spacing wouldn't be an issue).

As for what Mike actually uses in his 6-string guitars, I would have to say that he has used more Seymour Duncan humbuckers than any other artist -- going back to his days teching for Scott Ian and then through Human Waste Project and PM5K. Of all the pickups he's used, he probably ends up coming back to the JB each time.

He's also a member of this forum, and even though he doesn't post publically, he's probably reading this. Hey Mike!

- Evan
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

So this M33 was basically an SH-6 Distortion with blades instead of poles because of the 5-strings....very cool. Thanks for the info Evan.

I heard Mike's clips of the Uberschall over at the Bogner website and I have to say he now has me scrambling to sell my Mesa and Orange to get one !! (Mike's tone)

Comment

Working...
        X