banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by khingpynn
    MikeS said it well... George can definetly put together a masterful soulful solo listen to Walk Away and tell me this tune is not as good as any Bon Jovi tune???
    C'mon...

Walk Away is a pretty mediocre ballad. Not even close to being in the same league as a song like Wanted Dead or Alive. Its not even in the same galaxy.

Alone again was a good song, but again...its been forgotten.
    Last edited by Archer_of_Fish; 11-18-2005, 11:35 PM.
    Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Woah whats up with all these new members?!
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by neosadist
        Uh,
        1) That's nice, I respect fellow musicians, but,
        2) He also uses EMG/ESP pickups, if his signature guitar is correct,
        3) This thread is getting annoying, sorry but it's the truth,
        4) Sure, maybe I'll buy some of his music some day, but for now....

There are plenty of "guitar gods" out there that I respect, but I'm not going to act like I'm forming a cult either
        this thread is getting ANNOYING???
        GET OFF IT THEN! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
        1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
        2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
        1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
        1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
        Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
        5150 block letter head
        4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

from articles i have read - EVH stole/picked up the tapping thing from GL.....thats why GL used to face his amps in the early dokken days -people thought he was being arrogant or too kewl for the fans -but merely hiding his " innovative" technique.......

Comment

wanted a ballad?? not a love song ballad as 80's ballads were typically about......ballad salad r0x 0n XM,,,chek it out

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherNeverSaved
              from articles i have read - EVH stole/picked up the tapping thing from GL.....thats why GL used to face his amps in the early dokken days -people thought he was being arrogant or too kewl for the fans -but merely hiding his " innovative" technique.......

People were tapping before EVH, Randy, and GL...

EVH just brought it to most people's attention.
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

EVH used to face his amps....not George. Ed was known for turning his back on the crowd.

He is really open about where he got hte tapping idea from. He didnt take it from Lynch anymore than he did steal it from Steve Hackett.

Comment

well EVH is definitely the most well know world wide with how big van halen is/was compared to dokken - there is no comparison there whatsoever ......

Dokken in 87-88 were at the headline stage of their careers and basically threw what they had away by dissolving.....perfect ballad WALK AWAY wa on beast formt he east about the time they broke up - very fitting. the 2nd coming of dokken was gay in my mind and way too psuedo sounding to me. I was a dokken fan because of GL and a van halen fan because of EVH. So following GL on his own was a no brainer.....and listening to VH was a natural as well with eddie in it with DLR and Hagar - jut not cherone......

I am a fan of both guys - just a cultish fan of GL for his tone and how he has changed/grown thru the years and how he has become to express himslef in his solo recordings etc.....I think of GL more of like a paul gilbert, tony mcalpine or even in a yngwie vein....not that they are similar but that they are guitarists who stand on their own regardless of who is around them....now can reb beach or jon levin bring that to the table?? doubt it.....

PS.....I am excited to hear the new THE MOB with reb beach in it - anyone know when that will be out?

Comment

MikeS mentioned GLs solo cd "Sacred Grooove" and I highly recomend it. It`s got a few vocal tunes but theNelson Bros. and Mandy Lions tunes I could live without It does features the late great Ray Gillen vocals on one track and the soulful Glenn Hughes on 2 tracks. Some killer instrumentals and Georges signature playing. If ya like Lynch get it! George Lynch ROCKS!
                    Last edited by 51501984; 11-19-2005, 04:18 PM.
                    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by 51501984
                      MikeS mentioned GLs solo cd "Sacred Grooove" and I highly recomend it. It`s got a few vocal tunes(Nelson Bros. and Mandy Lions) that I could live without but it features the late great Ray Gillen vocals on one track and the soulful Glenn Hughes on 2 tracks. Some killer instrumentals and Georges signature playing. If ya like Lynch get it! George Lynch ROCKS!
                      I thought the Nelson tune blew chunks along with Mandy Lyon's vocal masturbatory exercise. The Ray Gillen tune was good. Other tunes were nice, but the singing on those two tracks makes me wanna hurl. I seriously can't listen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
                        I thought the Nelson tune blew chunks along with Mandy Lyon's vocal masturbatory exercise. The Ray Gillen tune was good. Other tunes were nice, but the singing on those two tracks makes me wanna hurl. I seriously can't listen to them.
                        My Bad , I had to edit my post since I made it sound like I liked the Nelson and Mandy lions tunes. Those Mandy Lions vocals just shouldn`t be there!
                        When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Umm, Jeff is right in that EVH used to turn his back to the crowd. In fact, GL's band, The Boyz, opened up for VH that got VH signed. It was supposed to be the big gig for The Boyz but they got upstaged by VH. Dokken wasn't even around yet. GL even admitted that he hadn't seen anything like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
                            Umm, Jeff is right in that EVH used to turn his back to the crowd. In fact, GL's band, The Boyz, opened up for VH that got VH signed. It was supposed to be the big gig for The Boyz but they got upstaged by VH. Dokken wasn't even around yet. GL even admitted that he hadn't seen anything like it.
                            Get your names straight Bro...twas'nt me who said that (unless archer's name is Jeff too????? )

Regardless..get your $hit straight man
                            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                              Get your names straight Bro...twas'nt me who said that (unless archer's name is Jeff too????? )

Regardless..get your $hit straight man

My name isnt Jeff but I'll answer to nearly any name. Except Helga. Thats where I draw the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_of_Fish
                                My name isnt Jeff but I'll answer to nearly any name. Except Helga. Thats where I draw the line.
                                OK shmoopiewoopie

TTYS

Comment

Working...
                                X