banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by JeffB
    Get your names straight Bro...twas'nt me who said that (unless archer's name is Jeff too????? )

Regardless..get your $hit straight man
    Dammit! Sorry, bro...

We have enough Jeff's on this forum.

EDIT: Aside from the name screw up, everything else stated there is true.
    Last edited by ErikH; 11-19-2005, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I think that at one point or another, all guitarists sound the same. Perhaps the type of rhythem, mood, solo/tapping technique, tone and even lyrics. At one point, everyone runs into each other. Yes, George Lynch's soloing style is sometimes comprised of patterns/memorized techniques that don't fit together. But I think that he is more of a realistic guitarist. No one will ever improve a 100% beautiful sounding solo on the spot. Perhaps some parts of a solo will be beautiful, but no one will ever improve a perfect solo, especially US. I love Satriani, Vai, Petrucci and Johnson. Hell, I worship Satch, I have one of his guitars and all of his CDs. But George is one of the common guys to me, in terms of soloing. I also think his rhythem playing stands out from many guitarists. Remember, all guitarists are different. They all have their own personalities as well as techniques. Where am I going with this, Lynch is not a bad or over rated player to me. I don't think any guitarist is bad. We're all different and have different experiences and level of playing.
      Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
      Ibanez RG1570 Custom
      PRS McCarty STD
      '71 Gibson SG Custom
      Bogner Alchemist 2x12
      Vox AD15VT

Comment

There are two Solo's that I have listened to that were remade from the original bands. I listened to Purple Haze and Voodoo Child, and liked Lynch's version better. There is a Japanese radio show that is out there with a live performance till December. Check it out and be amazed.

Comment

I enjoyed Lynch's playing but I didn't like the never ending soloing. I would have liked it if the vocals and rhthem were emphasized more with more consistant/repeating melodies and then perhaps two insanse improved solos. None the less, great playing. I thought he said he didn't use effects? He was definitely using a Wah. Anyone know what kind of amp he was playing through?
          Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
          Ibanez RG1570 Custom
          PRS McCarty STD
          '71 Gibson SG Custom
          Bogner Alchemist 2x12
          Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by flyb4crawl
            There are two Solo's that I have listened to that were remade from the original bands. I listened to Purple Haze and Voodoo Child, and liked Lynch's version better. There is a Japanese radio show that is out there with a live performance till December. Check it out and be amazed.

http://v-lor.jfn.co.jp/fes2005/session1103.asx
            Thanks for posting that clip, Awesome! That little Japanese girl can sing!
            When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

George's playing is wonderful. The thing that does it for me, is that it sounds like he is dancing on the edge... always kindda pushing the solos to the limit and when you think he's got to a dead end, he pulls up a secret passage to get through... most of the time. His tone is perfect. And though you can truly enjoy Dokken's first run... give Dysfunctional a listen... waaaaay cool. Another thing is that it does sound to me at times that he is not the most educated musician and oddly enough, this is exactly what I like to hear on his music: the adrenaline. Lynch RULES.
              Engel
              -------------------------------------------
              '99 Gibson Les Paul Custom (original pu's / 500k pot)
              '82 Fender Stratocaster maple neck (hs3-fs1-hs3)
              '02 Fender Telecaster rosewood (original)
              '89 Tagima/Music Maker Custom (Norton)
              '89 Charvel 650XL (DD - Fender - Hot Rails)
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Vox Wah modded
              ADA MP-1 Classic
              Rocktron Replifex
              Eduas EL 34's 50w mono power amp
              2x12'' custom made Celestions V-30 cabinet

Comment

I can see that it is a Marshal. I know he is known for using a JCM800. But if it is it probably has a modded preamp stage. I read an article about the rented #39 amp that him and Satch had rented. Later he hunted down the tech and asked him if he could have his amp modded, and the guy modded his preamp stage on a few of his amps. There was a ton of gain, and I have heard people say that they can't get their amp to sound like his and they have a JCM800. I heard about the reissue one and its preamp stage is weaker than the JCM800. The Plexi have a good gain stage though, but it is made for the Nu Metal sound. I could definitly hear the EL34 tube sound though. The 6L6 sound more like Metallica's tone.

Comment

Lynch and Jake E lee have both mentioned that the best Marshall either one of them used is an old Purple 100 watt head that Warren DiMartini owns.
                  Last edited by Archer_of_Fish; 11-20-2005, 08:18 PM.
                  Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_of_Fish
                    Lynch and Joke E lee have both mentioned that the best Marshall either one of them used is an old Purple 100 watt head that Warren DiMartini owns.
                    Is Jake spelled Joke on accident or are just taking a jab at him? Just curious.

Comment

I can see that it is a Marshal. I know he is known for using a JCM800. But if it is it probably has a modded preamp stage. I read an article about the rented #39 amp that him and Satch had rented.
                      It was Slash, not Satch. link

The Plexi have a good gain stage though, but it is made for the Nu Metal sound.
                      What???
                      formerly n00b

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984
                        Is Jake spelled Joke on accident or are just taking a jab at him? Just curious.
                        a typo

Jake is one of my fav rock players.

Comment

thats funny stuff.

encore.

please?

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_of_Fish
                            a typo

Jake is one of my fav rock players.
                            We have something in common Jake frigging smokes on six strings!

Comment

Originally posted by WICKED LESTER
                              this guy has the tone and chops
                              always used duncans and probably always will
                              this is quite a compliment to seymour duncan consdiering EVERTHING ELSE
                              Mr scary uses changes as much as i change pups!
                              anyway this thread is dedicated to the guy i feel should have much more recognition than he got all these years!

Held off on this one for about 2 weeks now Lester.

I agree. I have 3 of Dokken's DVD's and have seen them 4 times.

Still my favorite.

The Duncan Distortion is one of my favs also.
                              Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
                              Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

OOOOOOK, sure. Whatever you say...

You must never have played through a Plexi to know how much gain it actually has.

Comment

Working...
                                X