banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

My bad on the Plexi ment to say that replica 2001 of the jcm800. They don't make the jcm800 from 1967 or 68 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by flyb4crawl
      My bad on the Plexi ment to say that replica 2001 of the jcm800. They don't make the jcm800 from 1967 or 68 anymore.

I'm sorry but.....

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

The JCM800 series was made from 1981 - 1990.

Note: In 1988, Marshall did introduce the first reissues of the 1987 and 1959 Plexi's from the 1960's.

Comment

Plexi reproductions are not aimed at Nu Metal anything. THey are a reissue of hte old models that, once again, are nothing like nu-metal machines.
          Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

I suggest a copy of THIS to better educate oneself on Marshall's (helps to have played a few as well )
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              I suggest a copy of THIS to better educate oneself on Marshall's (helps to have played a few as well )
              I have that book. Its really good, mine is even autographed by Jim Marshall.

Now I need a Marshall.....
              Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_of_Fish
                I have that book. Its really good, mine is even autographed by Jim Marshall.

Now I need a Marshall.....
                I have a Marshall, now I need that book.

Comment

I have both....

and use a modeller??????

Comment

I have been a GL fan for years. I saw them back when they opened for Kiss in 87. Here is a new tune from and IM tribute.
                    This website is for sale! rykodisc-media.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, rykodisc-media.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I think Randy is over rated because he died early in his career. As for EVH I like some of his tunes, but he never really caught on with me. I was never a big one for pop metal stuff like VH, Bon Jovi more into Dokken, Motley Crue, Kiss, Metallica stuff from mid-early 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by khingpynn
                      MikeS said it well... George can definetly put together a masterful soulful solo listen to Walk Away and tell me this tune is not as good as any Bon Jovi tune???
                      C'mon...

I'm not bashing Mr. Sambora I really do like him from back in the day but Richie is no Lynch... Lynch's style is accessable too but it is far more refined than Sambora's.
                      I’m a big Dokken fan, but c’mon, Dokken ballads don’t compare to Bon Jovi ballads. Walk Away is a pretty average ballad. None of my favorite GL moments are part of a Dokken ballad. In that respect, I find Richie to be a more refined composer. I refuse to really compare Sambora and Lynch, first because I am huge fans of both, but more importantly, because they do not share many characteristics at all. They are two totally different guitar players.
                      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

MikeS is right. You cannot compare the two. Two totally different styles. You may as well compare Iommi with Clapton. You just can't. People compare guitarists like this because they happened to have become popular in the same era. Hey, Mark Kendall is another one that I think falls in to the same category as Richie...smooth, melodic, great composer, but not a shredder by any means. And like MikeS said, "None of my favorite GL moments are part of a Dokken ballad."....same here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS
                          I’m a big Dokken fan, but c’mon, Dokken ballads don’t compare to Bon Jovi ballads. Walk Away is a pretty average ballad. None of my favorite GL moments are part of a Dokken ballad. In that respect, I find Richie to be a more refined composer. I refuse to really compare Sambora and Lynch, first because I am huge fans of both, but more importantly, because they do not share many characteristics at all. They are two totally different guitar players.
                          I prefer "Jaded Heart","Alone Again" and "Heaven Sent" over any Bon Jovi sap. But that`s just me , Bon Jovi obviously can write a ballad and have big hits that = $$$$$$. Just for the record Sambora is an awesome player!
                          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984
                            I prefer "Jaded Heart","Alone Again" and "Heaven Sent" over any Bon Jovi sap.
                            You're getting a big thumbs up from this guy!

Dokken was only good because of GL, don dokken leaves a lot to be desired . . . their bassist was silly, the drummer was funny as hell, but the band was only GOOD because of George. . . . its funny though, I didn't like any of the Lynch mob stuff. . . . boring. Weird. Kinda like Jake E Lee, loved him with Ozzy, couldn't stand Badlands. . . . And Vivian Campbell, LOVED him with DIO, hate him with Def Lep . . . . .

C`Mon George drop in and say hello on our thread!
                            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal
                              their bassist was silly, the drummer was funny as hell,
                              I met the band on the Erase the Slate Tour. Reb Beech and Jeff Pilson both down-to-earth and a hoot to talk to. Don seemed pretty uninteresting and Mick Brown was drunk and even at his age, far more interested in what was going on inside the tour bus. Of the bunch, Pilson was most like the guy you want to hang out with... far from what I would call silly. I also think he's a pretty good bass player, but far from being the "face" of Dokken.

And if anyone cares and didn't already know, Pilson played the bass player in the band Steel Dragon in the movie Rock Star
                              Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS
                                I met the band on the Erase the Slate Tour. Reb Beech and Jeff Pilson both down-to-earth and a hoot to talk to. Don seemed pretty uninteresting and Mick Brown was drunk and even at his age, far more interested in what was going on inside the tour bus. Of the bunch, Pilson was most like the guy you want to hang out with... far from what I would call silly. I also think he's a pretty good bass player, but far from being the "face" of Dokken.

And if anyone cares and didn't already know, Pilson played the bass player in the band Steel Dragon in the movie Rock Star
                                Yup, knew that about Jeff. He's now playing with Foreigner. Just saw them here last month. Jason Bonham on drums. Hmm, just needed Zakk on guitar instead of Mick and we woulda had a Steel Dragon concert instead...lol.

Mick is just plain solid. And let's face it, most drummers are crazy anyway...lol.

Without GL, to me Dokken is nothing. It's not the same. Sure, we can argue the VH thing all day long that they're not the same without DLR and blah blah blah, but this is different. EVH is the signature sound of VH, GL is/was the signature sound of Dokken. The difference between the two is GL isn't in the band anymore.
                                Last edited by ErikH; 11-22-2005, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X