H-S Wiring Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-S Wiring Help Needed

Hello folks! I'm new to the forum and please forigve me if I've post this in the wrong threading area.

Anyways, I need some advice or wiring digrams for a Humbucker - Single coil pickup format using a volume push/pull knob as the pickup selector. This is exactly the same or similar to the George Lynch Kamikazee models, he has the same pickup format and electronics (one volume push/pull knob and thats it.) I've searched for ESP guitar wiring digrams, more specifically Lynch's but have yet to find anything. I've also found a few wiring diagram sites that have tons and tons of diagrams, but just not what I'm looking for. I'm just hoping to get the format going with the two pickups, no tone, no 3/5 way pickup selecting switch, just one push/pull volume pot using the push/pull function to select between the two pickups.

This is for a Fender Stratocaster, with a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge position and a Seymour Duncan Vintage Staggered for Strat in the neck position. I'm also wondering if a 500k push/pull pot or a 250 push/pull pot would work better for the H-S pickup format.

Thanks a ton in advance!
    Last edited by joneric; 05-17-2004, 05:07 PM.

Re: H-S Wiring Help Needed

can anyone help shed some light for me?

Comment

This should do it:

Click here for the large version.

You'll have the humbucker, with a 500k pot when the switch is in, and
      the single, with a 250k pot with the switch pulled out.

Leave out the resistor, if you want it to be 500k both ways.
      Leave out the resistor, and change the pot to 250k, if you want
      it to be 250k both ways.

Comment

ArtieToo, thank you so much! Your the man!

Comment

Working...
        X