No announcement yet.

Wiring rookie looking for some help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring rookie looking for some help :)

Hi!

I'm about to change the pickups in my guitar and I could really use some help for the wiring. I got two (four conductor) humbuckers, one volume and one tone knob and a switch blade. If it's possible I want to use the coil swap from ArtieToo. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Or some tips?

Thanks!

It depends on your switch. If you have a super switch or an extra DPDT switch you can do Atrie's wiring, or Mincer's "Do-it-all" wiring which is great...my favorite for H-H guitars.

Here's a basic wiring scheme:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_3B_1V_1T.jpg

With coil split (using a push/pull pot:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...1V_1TppSPL.jpg
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks, really usefull! I think I will try to do it with a super switch, do you know if there is a wiring diagram for that? Couldn't find it myself. Thanks again!

Comment

Welcome. I think you're referring to this diagram:

Attached Files
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-04-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the message! Yes I think this helps me out. Is that a normal 5-way switch in the diagram? I don't have the knowledge yet to really understand how I need to wire this, so maybe I'll try something easier now and try to figure this out in the future!

Comment

It's a 3-way. But focus mainly on the switch part in the upper right corner. That's the only part that matters. The rest was just to help explain "how" it works. It's not relevant to the actual wiring. If you just connect the (Duncan) wires to the switch as shown, it'll work.

The terminal on the switch labeled "C" is where the wire connects that goes out to the standard Vol/Tone/Output jack. I can add that portion of the diagram if you want.

And wait one sec. I modified that diagram at someone's suggestion recently. I now see why that mod is wrong. Let me repost the proper diagram. Gimme a sec.

Ok. Note, in the new diagram, the brown jumper between terminal "A" and "3". That's essential.
            Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-04-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much!! With your explanation it makes sense to me. It would be great if you could add the wiring to Vol/Tone/Output to the diagram. What is a jumper?

Comment

Originally posted by bramkrtlvr View Post
                What is a jumper?
                A short piece of wire that connects one terminal to another. I'll try to get the Vol/Tone/Jack thing up later. I've got four customer guitars coming in today, and they all want them done yesterday. I don't know why. Ain't no gigs with Corona.

P.S. The black line connecting the two "commons" together is also a jumper. (Piece of wire.)
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-04-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Haha, no problem! I really appreciatie your help, so don't hurry with the diagram.

Comment

Oops. Forgot about this. I'll try to get to it today.

Comment

Thanks! Appreciate it a lot

Comment

Working...
                      X