No announcement yet.

Question about STL-3T - tapped Tele Quarter Pound Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading the description, is the Pre-B1 kind of what a “Custom for Tele” might be?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i fear those pickups will be too mid heavy and compressed for my liking.
      the BKP bareknuckle piledriver has less DCR and probably the same wire gauge and that one is not my cup of tea also.
      i think i will like the meat and balls the higher wind gives, but normally this comes with the forward/thick mids...

Comment

Where are you guys finding the "Pre B1" info? I've never heard of that, and can't seem to find the page.

Comment

it's a dimarzio

Comment

14k, a5 rods, probably #43 wire. cool pup though i havent heard one in a while

Comment

because i liked what the thicker rods of the QP did, but felt is was a lil bit too congested, i went with a super paul bunyan with 2 taps.
              read some good stuff about the paul bunyan on here.
              now i have the maximal hotness i want, but can dial it one or 2 steps back if i like (to normal Paul Bunyan level and 8K).

i am sure the SD custom shop could have fixed me up with something similiar, but duncan custom shop stuff is a lil steep here in Europe and easily a half year waiting time.

finally i found a tele pickup that holds up for heavier stuff!

for vintage/classic stuff, my Jerry donahue is still going strong

Comment

so how are you wiring up all the taps?

Comment

rotary switch with 3 positions (and 4 poles).
                  i also use one pole for different highpass/series caps for the neck. from no cap, 10n and 6.8n. those values are not final yet, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X