duncan 5-2 strat bridge or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan 5-2 strat bridge or ?

I have a CV strat that sounds good except that the E,B and to a lesser extent G strings have a little less fatness than i want and a slightly hard attack where i'd like to feel a bit more of a compressed feel. I have van zandts in it now but have tried fender fat 50s and 57/62s also. The neck and middle are fine but all the bridges i tried give the plain strings the sound and feel i mentioned. It;s not real bad or anything but it would be great to soften the plain strings a bit. I think the 5-2 would do the trick but i would prefer something cheaper due to my very limited funds, so open to other suggestions. A 5-2 is gonna run me $100 with tax and shipping and i really don't wanna spend near that.

The Trading Post and patience is your friend. I snagged a 5/2 for around $40 - $50 quite some time ago. Or, you could just go in there and do a WTB thread. Someone may have one laying around. Shoot, mine will probably be available once I get around to trying it out.

Comment

The Five Two is exactly the cure for your problem. I love mine, and it does just what you want. Keep an eye out here, as they come for sale now and then.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks, i'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Working...
        X