59/Custom Hybrid - internally out of phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59/Custom Hybrid - internally out of phase

Hi, all - just put a new 59/C in the bridge of my Reverend Double Agent and itÂ’s really snappy, however slightly nasal tonally.

It could be down to the axe itself, however I had a PRail once that was internally out of phase, and very nasal in HB mode, so I was wondering if it may be possible that the 59/C is also OOP?

I had a 59/C in another bolt-on and donÂ’t recall it being this way tonally. That said, this one doesnÂ’t seem to be noticeably quiet, which the PRail was.

Before I rip it apart and switch the PUP connections, just wondering if anyone has had this happen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not out of phase if it's not all quiet.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Right, that’s what I was thinking - and why checking before I tried retiring connections.

Comment

Even the hybrid would be very quiet if it was oop. I had a p90 where 1 mag was the wrong way and it was essentially completely quiet.
        Try swapping the 2 wires of 1 coil and see what happens. You'll know straight away whether you were oop before.

Comment

OK - spent some time with my Reverend and can definitely confirm the 59/C is not out of phase.

Couple of contributing factors:

1) my amp was still EQ’d from recording t’other day for a mid-humped solo using this guitar
          2) the reason I changed pickups in my Rev was because I’d always felt them to be too bass-heavy (hence the amp settings)

So, a quick evening off of the EQ in my amp and, bottom line, it’s like someone’s taken a blanket off this guitar - almost like a good speaker/tube swap for a dull amp - and it’s now snappy and feisty.

So, what I’d mistaken for OOP - the nasal, biting quality - is actually the percussive attack of the 59/C and I love it, even more so than I did with the last 59/C I had in a different guitar - which I was already raving about.

Looks like I have to relearn how to play/use this guitar, but what treat!

Comment

Working...
          X