Combining Quarter Pouds (n/m) with HB (b). HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining Quarter Pouds (n/m) with HB (b). HELP

Hi guys. Do you think a Red Devil bridge (I'm planning to buy) is a good choice to match my non-tapped Quarter Pounds neck & middle in terms of volume output. I don't want to have a big volume difference when switching from SC to this HB. Any other SD HB (single coil size) recommendation to have a PAF tone on bridge and good balance with QP?

I would put them in my partscaster SSS with a 250k volume pot and no tone pots.

Thanx for your help/suggestions.

i think they would match up ok. i have the red devils and a ssl4 but i havent had the qp in anything but the bridge for a long time. output and tone should work pretty well together i think

Comment

You'll have to drop the qps but it should work.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

This should work, although the biggest issue I can think of is that The QP will certainly have hum, and be quite a bit rounder sounding than the Red Devils.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          This should work, although the biggest issue I can think of is that The QP will certainly have hum, and be quite a bit rounder sounding than the Red Devils.
          let us know how this turns out, because if the red Devil bridge is less round than the QPs i am going to check them out

Comment

I've used QuarterPounds in 2 guitars, one with a StagMag bridge, QP middle and Jazz neck and another with a QP bridge and Firebird style mini-HB neck. In both, I used 500k pots with a no-load tone along with .022 orange drop caps. This worked well for me.

Comment

The QPs will be fine with the Red Devil in the bridge. I've got my QPs paired up with a Little Screamin Demon and really enjoy them. I thought about swapping in a Red Devil awhile back but decided to keep the Demon.

Comment

Originally posted by Toejam View Post
                The QPs will be fine with the Red Devil in the bridge. I've got my QPs paired up with a Little Screamin Demon and really enjoy them. I thought about swapping in a Red Devil awhile back but decided to keep the Demon.
                Which pots and caps do you use? According to SD the QP and Red Devil are designed for 250k pots.

Thanx✌

Comment

They're in my G&L Legacy that has their PTB (passive treble and bass) system, so the standard 250k volume, 500k for the treble tone control, and 1meg reverse taper for the bass control.

Comment

Working...
                  X