Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring p-rails with 3-way switch using all options

hi!

I have 2 p-rails and a three way switch (gibson-type). and two triple shots out of which one is now broken as the cables attached from the frame have come off and they're so small I don't think I can solder them back... **** quality and not durable.

so I thought what are my options without using triple shots? if I want all 4 options available on both pickups.

1. using 2 x fender type 4-way switches along with my gibson type 3-way pickup selector is one option. complicated already..
    2. anything else - without using too many switches and without making this scheme complicated as hell?

thanks a lot for all tips!

ps. I can live without a tone pot to save space (it's a squier strat type body) but do want to have a master vol knob at least at the end of the pickup-selectors-chain.

I would return the broken wire PU. Consider the P rail triple shots. No re wire or push pull pots needed. There is little switch built on the PU ring. sounds easier than what your describing.

Comment

If you can contact Seymour Duncan HQ, they might be able to help with the broken Triple Shot. There have been threads here about doing a bunch of what the Triple Shots do (not all) with a few push/pull pots per pickup. Nothing does everything they do without a lot of switches, which is why when they are working, they are the most elegant solution there is.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X