Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these legit by any chance?

Hi guys,

I'm not from USA and it is kind a difficult to buy legit SD in my country for a fair price.

Could you help me to find out if these are fakes?

or these one at Reverb, I already asked the seller from Russia if they are legit and he said yes

I always like to see the embossed baseplates with the model stickers on them to make sure they are legit.

Comment

Im a little leary of the ebay set based on some of the wording in the ad. The set is not rare and they are a Chinese manufacturer, tbe picts seem to be almost stock photos from somewhere else vs thwir own photos. Id prefer photos taken by someone vs stock photos

Id lean a little more on the Russian Ebay ad than the Chinese Reverb one.

I will also say I could way off base here too, judt my feeling.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

anything from dhgate is most likely counterfeit
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I agree: anything coming from dhgate or alibaba is certain to be counterfeit.
          Harder to tell about the Russian set - they could just be selling Chinese fakes at a markup.
          I would try to find out from Seymour Duncan whether the Russian seller is an authorized dealer.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Look at the other "SD" products for sale. So what passive set of SD pickups are epoxy potted?

https://www.dhresource.com/0x0/f2/al...s-electric.jpg

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll trey to find more info on the Russia seller on Reverb.

Comment

If it's too cheap it's a fake. There are plenty of genuine authorised sellers online to even think about buying from dodgy sellers. I got done by an Australian based seller with good reputatIon (I'm in Australia) so I can imagine it's just as easy to cop it from dhgate or some random Russian on reverb. Do your research first, last thing you want is to discover the pickup sounds like crap, is noisy, has the wiring messed up or all of these together. Happened to me.

Comment

Yeah, we get plenty of people on here asking about genuine Ebay auctions, as well as some suspect sites. In some cases, it is easy to spot, but others, especially with bas pics, incomplete descriptions, etc..it gets harder. And fakes are getting better all the time. I am sure there will be a time where we simply can't tell from a few pics and a description.
                  Thing is, these pickups can be so expensive outside the US from authorized sellers. In the end, it comes down to taking an educated leap.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by leo_bsb View Post
                    Hi guys,

I'm not from USA and it is kind a difficult to buy legit SD in my country for a fair price.

Could you help me to find out if these are fakes?

https://www.dhgate.com/product/rare-...41177892872200

or these one at Reverb, I already asked the seller from Russia if they are legit and he said yes

https://reverb.com/item/32818926-sal...and-jazz-black
                    The Russia one is kinda suspect because the seller calls himself "loh's shop"

...which, in Russian, means "SUCKER SHOP"
                    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Unfortunately I'd say they're both fake. Even the Reverb one. I think these days with all the fakes going around, you'll have better luck buying from a reputable dealer or buying used. At least with used pickups, you can ask questions and feel like they are a real guitarist.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

thanks guys. I'm trying to find a reputable seller that ships to Brazil at a realistic price. Last quote I got shipping was just to high, adds up to the our import taxes and exchange rate and we rather buy a new guitar.

Comment

At this point, I'd advise most people who are looking at an ambiguous auction or listing to assume that they are not legit.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

More fakes https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alnico-5-Gu...563a%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Originally posted by leo_bsb View Post
                              thanks guys. I'm trying to find a reputable seller that ships to Brazil at a realistic price. Last quote I got shipping was just to high, adds up to the our import taxes and exchange rate and we rather buy a new guitar.
                              I use to live on an Island, couldn't get squat shipped in.. We always made it a habit if we were coming back to ask good friends if they needed anything from the rest of the world.. and they would do the same for us.. Nothing big just small stuff..
                              Maybe you know someone making a trip to the states soon.. A set of pickups is pretty small and easy to throw into your luggage to bring back.. Well as long as the airport baggage handlers or TSA people don't steal it.. which happens from time to time
                              just a thought..

Comment

Working...
                              X