Thin Sounding Guitar or Pickup??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Sounding Guitar or Pickup??????

Guitar: Schecter Reaper 7 (25.5-27in scale)
    Swamp ash body, with maple and walnut 5 piece set-neck
    Playing through a 6505mh

This guitar has sounded "thin" since the moment I got it. There's certainly bass, but it doesn't sound full. I hated the stock pickups so I replaced them with BKP Impulse.
    While I like many qualities of the pickup, overall clarity and articulation, and I adore the high end sizzle. The pickups still sound thin to me.

I think this is partially due to the make of my guitar. Would anyone have any recommendations to fix my issue. A pickup that feels full but still has a top end sizzle.

I was thinking maybe the Custom-5 or the Black Winter. I'll just have to order custom sets for the fanned frets.

Help is appreciated

The custom 5 is fairly scooped with a lack of mids. I think you may need something with more mids for a fuller tone.

Comment

Knock on (the) wood

Is it dull or resonant?
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Maybe a Dimarzio Tone Zone?
        "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Black Winters.

Comment

Yes, absolutely the Black Winters and not the C5, which has almost no mids. The BW and C5 are pretty opposite EQ-wise, and the extra mids of the BW really helps thin sounding guitars.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X