Black Winter bridge + X2N neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter bridge + X2N neck

I have a Black Winter currently in my LTD MH and in need of the matching neck. I'm really impressed with the Black Winter and decided to buy a set. My plan is to put the Black Winter in the neck position from the set and with the bridge, drop it in an LTD Viper that currently has a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge. Now, I never had an X2N in the neck before, so I am not sure what to expect. With the Black Winter and X2N as a combo should be interesting, though! Will report back when I receive the Black Winter set.

The X2N is probably gonna way hotter than almost any pickup you put in the bridge.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      The X2N is probably gonna way hotter than almost any pickup you put in the bridge.
      Yeah the X2N is hot for sure. I like it, but its missing more treble in my basswood Viper. Not really looking for the hottest pickup, cause like you said, nothing is going to be hotter. If it wasn't for the missing treble, I think it would be the perfect fit there. I was thinking the Black Winter would fix that. Curious how the X2N would sound in the neck. If it doesn't sound that good I have a Sentient I can put in. Out of all the DiMarzio's I have tried, the X2N is my favorite.

Comment

Well, a Black Winter won't add missing treble. It really is more mids than anything.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The X2N does look good in this guitar. I may just scratch the idea of replacing and just adjust my amp more when I play it. Need a good neck pickup for this one too. Tried the Sentient and it didn't work well with the X2N in the bridge.
          Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 10-24-2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Deactivator neck

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X