PRS Starla Core Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Starla Core Wiring

I just purchased a 2008 PRS Starla. When I first played the guitar I noticed the bridge pickup was not working only the neck. So the middle position did not work just the neck position. This model that I have does have coil split with only the neck position working as well. I decided to take a look at the wiring and what I found was as a mess of solder and a poorly connected treble (bridge) pickup. All the wiring looks stock and I have never messed with a prs guitar before so I am unfamiliar on how to approach this issue, I can take picture of the pickguard and wiring schematic, but I would like to know if anyone has recommendations on what I should do or perhaps any experience with prs wiring or more specially an American Made PRS Starla?

Pics would be good.

Comment

Here are some pictures. If you need more please let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's some pretty sloppy wiring. I'd rip everything out, and start over. Maybe even use new pots. Although, if you can neatly clean those up, that may not be necessary. Depends on your soldering skills. Here's the diagram from PRS's site:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS_Starla.png
Views:	1573
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	6024454

Comment

Thanks for the diagram I will probably do that. My soldering is okay but I think it might be better start over and clean it up. Thanks.

Comment

Let us know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
            X