No announcement yet.

SH-4 Alternative for Telecaster Bridge Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, let us know. I think you will find that the Little 59 actually sounds good at more gain ranges than the SH-4. I think you can actually do more with it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Dimarzio Tone Zone T is really cool too.

Comment

OP , you need a Tele Deluxe that comes with humbuckers.
        Then you can just slap a JB in the bridge and rock on .

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          thanks for that! i wanted to do this with the lil screamin demon for my tele for over a year now, but I am still a lil bit shy.
          this encourages me to really do it, although the stringspacing and size of the tele/strat bridges is a lil bit off.

to the OP: the lil 59 has quite some mids and compression, so to me it felt more like a high output PU than a SD 59.

Comment

Originally posted by JB6464 View Post
            OP , you need a Tele Deluxe that comes with humbuckers.
            Then you can just slap a JB in the bridge and rock on .
            yes, but it would still sound different than a LP with a JB.

Comment

It is going to be hard to emulate the JB in a Les Paul with a Telecaster. That said, did you look into the Hot Stack Tele? It has a similar eq to the JB according to the website (maybe not as bright as the JB), and could maybe get you to where you are trying to be.

Cole
              Last edited by ColeJustesen; 10-31-2020, 01:18 PM.
              Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post

yes, but it would still sound different than a LP with a JB.
                Well no two guitars even of the same design and manufacture will sound the same anyways .
                At least with a full size JB it will be as close as he can get .

Comment

Originally posted by JB6464 View Post

Well no two guitars even of the same design and manufacture will sound the same anyways .
                  At least with a full size JB it will be as close as he can get .
                  Full-size JB in a Tele is EXACTLY what the original JB was designed for. You know, but for others who might not, see the Concept Set on the Custom Shop site.

Comment

Working...
                  X