banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help reinstalling Distortion in Fat strat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help reinstalling Distortion in Fat strat.

Hi All - I am not good at understanding wiring schematics and need some help. I have a 2000 Fender American Deluxe Fat strat that I had someone swap in a Duncan Distortion bridge (loved it) and I had borrowed it and put it in another guitar. I want to put it back in and do it myself, but the 5 way switch (I believe it auto splits in pos 2) looks like it has a a lot more solder posts on it than most diagrams. There are 3 with old solder on them and not sure where to connect the wires for the Distortion. On Fender's site, it looks like there may have been a small wire going from 2 to 3 Any ideas? I marked the posts 1 2 3 in red. also, where to put ground wire Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026_214905.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	6024917

Ground wire can go to the back of the pot with the other ground wires. Then to find the right place for the hot wire, put your switch on the bridge position and hold the hot wire to the various places on the switch and listen for when you have a signal (plugged in of course)
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
    X