SD Screaming Eagle humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Screaming Eagle humbucker

So legend has it that Queensryche used Screaming Eagle humbuckers back in the day but I’ve never figured out what Duncan model these are supposed to be. I figure that they aren’t really high output pickups but that’s about it. Any clues if they are just a modified line or what’s closest in comparison to them?

Now I am curious too...never heard of them.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Are we sure it wasn't a Screamin' Demon (which was just released in 1991) and the 1991 Guitar Player had a typo because the proof/copy office wasn't familiar with musical products of the day? (Kind of like how ground and jumper wires got left off some Duncan wiring diagrams because the graphic designer doing the diagrams didn't know electronics?)

Comment

I searched the guitars Chris DeGarmo had during 90 and 91 and found the ESP MII model he was using at the time. The ESP custom shop had a white one that he was pictured with that I think was the basis for his Empire guitars. I don’t know if he actually used them on recording the album, but the ones I saw in both a video and a photo online had the distinct pole screws of the Screamin Demon. People have strongly speculated that DeGarmo used ‘59 bridge humbuckers up to this point so I think it makes sense that he would stick with a pickup that wasn’t too much hotter. I know Michael Wilton would use hotter pickups than that even til now. I’m more of a DeGarmo fan anyways.

Comment

The mystery is deepening. I suppose we might not for sure unless we talk to someone who was at Duncan during that time.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

they were known for using JB, 59, and Distortions...aside from it being a custom shop thing i'd agree it was likely a screamin demon that got lost in translation
            Quality riffs in about a minute...
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
            X