banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot bridge pickup, parallel in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot bridge pickup, parallel in the neck?

I'm looking to replace the stock pickups on my Les Paul copy, and since I mostly use the bridge pickup I was thinking about going a little experimental for the neck.
    My first thought was a Super Distortion in the bridge and a humbucker-sized P-90 in the neck, but I've got an idea now and I need to know if it's the good kind of crazy or the bad kind of crazy: putting a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge (wired in series as traditional) and then another identical JB in the neck, wired in Parallel to quiet it down a bit.
    Will it still have too much output in the neck, even wired in parallel?
    Has anyone tried this, putting a bridge pickup in parallel in the neck?

Try doing that with a Distortion set.
    Anytime you wire a pickup parallel, you accentuate the highs and subdue the mids.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Try doing that with a Distortion set.
      Anytime you wire a pickup parallel, you accentuate the highs and subdue the mids.
      That's good to know! Last thing I want to do on a JB is accentuate the highs. Sounds like a Super D might be the prime candidate for something like that

Comment

I have a Schecter with a JB in the bridge that splits the pickup in position 4. It sounds great that way. And I can only imagine that it would sound good in the neck. But if you want to use an SD, more power to you.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

A JB in parallel is actually a great sound. If you decide to do this, let us know how it turns out.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My Dean ML is like this with dual Super Distortions. That pickup is great in parallel.

Comment

It will balance. Should be cool, report back!
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
              X