C5 vs Full Shred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 vs Full Shred?

Which is hotter? I think slugs are hotter than screws so C5 should be hotter? and Full Shred has a bit more mids and less I think which makes it sound a bit clearer?

To my ears, the C5 is hotter with more bass. Both pickups don't have a lot of mids.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      To my ears, the C5 is hotter with more bass. Both pickups don't have a lot of mids.
      does the Perpetual burn have more mids than both of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post

does the Perpetual burn have more mids than both of them?
        To my ears, almost every pickup does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

To my ears, almost every pickup does.
          maybe i'll give the PB a go, i like the JB but it's too hot and this is supposed to be a less hot JB

Comment

The C5 is way too scooped IMHO. The FS has a bit more mids and is brighter. I haven't tried the PB, but probably would over the other 2..

Comment

I checked out some PB clips and it seems just a hair too weak for me, I need something between a JB and a PB, like 15k, Full Shred seems like it would be better for leads than a custom 5, more mids and clarity.

Comment

The PB is plenty hot. I have one. It's not as hot as a JB but feels hotter than a C5 (which I have used before) and I definitely feel more mids than the C5. The PB is a fat, articulate pickup. Give it a shot. There's always the 21-day return policy if you are in the U.S..

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                  The PB is plenty hot. I have one. It's not as hot as a JB but feels hotter than a C5 (which I have used before) and I definitely feel more mids than the C5. The PB is a fat, articulate pickup. Give it a shot. There's always the 21-day return policy if you are in the U.S..
                  not in the US, which is why I tend to over-research before trying anything!

Comment

Basically after this kind of tone, it's hot, but still has a ton of clarity; it is also aggressive and edgy but in a controlled way, not like a JB where it becomes a one-trick-pony.

the specs of this pickup are 15k A5 43awg.

Comment

i feel like i could get that tone with a jb and the right rig. nice playing and cool tone in the clip

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        i feel like i could get that tone with a jb and the right rig. nice playing and cool tone in the clip
                        I've owned a JB multiple times and it could get somewhat in the ballpark, but ultimately it's just too hot, this pickup has a clarity to it that the JB lacks, take a listen to this clip to get a better idea of the pickup, it's very clear and not as compressed sounding.

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/charvel-guthrie-govan-signature-hsh-flame-maple.htmThanks for checking out the Peach Guitars ...

Comment

I'm thinking Full Shred might be the closest, it fits specwise except that it uses double screws, and it seems to sound clearer and more focused than the custom 5 while not being as hot as the JB.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                            does the PB feel hotter than the Full Shred as well?

Comment

I think it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X