banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric Steckel A3 sig set . . . sounds good !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the Eclair set page.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My only hesitation is will these be "fast" enough or "tight" enough to hold up on fast picked things and or chugs without meshing the notes together and becoming blurry. They sound great with a tad bit of space to breathe between notes. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them. Side note...I wonder how they would sound in a 335? I need to swap the stock pickups I have in mine. Maybe they would be a good option for that?
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I had a Wilde humbucker that used Alnico III and it was a killer sounding pickup. It wasn't mushy or unresponsive at all. It sounded incredible. I am glad to see there are some humbuckers being made with it. These particular humbuckers sound incredible the way he is playing them too!

Cole
        Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

id assume with the lower wind that they would be pretty tight/fast and have good clarity even with a softer magnet like a3

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Eclair is an A2 bridge, A4 neck
            My mistake.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
              My only hesitation is will these be "fast" enough or "tight" enough to hold up on fast picked things and or chugs without meshing the notes together and becoming blurry. They sound great with a tad bit of space to breathe between notes. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them. Side note...I wonder how they would sound in a 335? I need to swap the stock pickups I have in mine. Maybe they would be a good option for that?
              I bet they'd sound great in a 335.
              Two of my favorite humbuckers are low wind A3s from Rewind and Zhangbucker.

I wouldn't expect big chug from an A3 pickup, though - IMO vintagey attack is part of their charm.
              A3 mostly might feel tighter than A2, but I think a lot of that is just because it's leaner in the lows.

Of course when it comes to tone and feel, reality often laughs in the face of generalizations like that.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                I am not a very fast Vai / Satriani / Malmsteen style player, so i s'pose i would not care too much about the 'will they react fast enough' train of thought.
                But i can imagine them sounding GOOD in an ES-335.
                Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

A3 is underrated for sure. I use that in the bridge 59 in one of my guitars and it gets rid of the harshness and eep scoop the 59 can have in that guitar.
                  A3 telecaster pickups are pretty awesome too. Fender Nocaster set for example.
                  Playing:
                  Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
                  Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
                  Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
                  Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Working...
                  X