The JB Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JB Appreciation Thread

The JB is the first pickup I ever installed. It remains one of my favorite Duncan pickups. Its the one pickup that started it all for me. There is a reason it is still one of the best selling pickups ever released and the most popular today. The JB is a classic but still just as good, or better, than most newer modern pickups. The JB will forever rule

JB rulez!

Comment

Glad you like it. I have had a love/hatre relationship with it. But no doubt, it is loved by many. It is the sound of hair metal shred!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love it. I have it in two guitars. Never disappoints.

Comment

The JB Antiquity rocks my world for a hot pickup .

Comment

The only JB's I have installed right now, are the DD HB102's, which are the JB/Jazz set. I have them in two guitars, and love them. I don't know how accurate they are to the USA version. I have one USA JB (trembucker), here, but it isn't in anything yet. Looking for the right project.
            Last edited by ArtieToo; 11-13-2020, 06:19 AM.

Comment

my Dual JB guitar is my daily player! it does everything I want.

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                my Dual JB guitar is my daily player! it does everything I want.
                JB in the neck? Interesting.

Comment

The JB was the first duncan I ever bought. It was a big improvement over the stock pup. I grew out of love for it when my output tastes changed.

The first live audience solo I ever threw together was with that humbucker and it made the hair on my arms almost standup. It remains one of the best lead pickups I've ever played
                  Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

i recently put a jb in a tele forgot how much fun that pup is

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      i recently put a jb in a tele forgot how much fun that pup is
                      One of my DD JB/Jazz sets is in a Tele. The "poor-man's" Tele-Gib. Seymours favorite pup combo.

Comment

ill have to grab a pic of mine, it was telegib lookin but i took the guard off. right now, its seth neck and jb bridge. its a contoured super light swamp ash body with a huge korina neck. the guitar is really bright so the seth bridge was anemic, then a 10.4k double stud brobucker was in there but that was still thinner than i wanted so now we are at jb which fills things out much better

Comment

A Brobucker was thin? That's the last thing I would've thought of that pup. Mind you, I've never had one, but it doesn't fit with what I've read here in the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JB6464 View Post
                            The JB Antiquity rocks my world for a hot pickup .
                            I've heard sound clips of the Antiquity JB. It sounds pretty damn vicious
                            Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                              A Brobucker was thin? That's the last thing I would've thought of that pup. Mind you, I've never had one, but it doesn't fit with what I've read here in the forum.
                              I think a bright guitar coupled with double-stud, I could see a Brobucker being thin. Though a standard screw/stud version in a Les Paul that is midrangy, my Brobucker has a lot of mid-chime. Not the mid-honk of a Seth, nor the mid-hump of an A2P, but the right smooth mid-peak like an A3 PAF-type (similar to my Skinnerburst or Gibson A3 CustomBucker, except hotter and livlier)

Comment

Working...
                              X