vintage dmarzio super distortion match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage dmarzio super distortion match

I have a DeMarzio super D I bought in 1972 (long story) and I want to put it in a T type body. whats a good match? and should I put the D on the bridge?

Is your neck slotted for humbucker or single?
    SuperD/paf-pro is a standard combo for good reason, but it really depends on what you will use the neck for mostly.
    SuperD/super2 is perfect for heavier music with leads being the neck's priority.

If the neck slot is routed for a single and your into metal then I would consider the fastrack2 dual-rail.

Comment

Yeah - A SuperD goes in the bridge (usually)

Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I know it's been done before, but superD in the neck isn't really great at anything. Much better choices no matter your neck priorities.

Comment

ooops. forgot to say the body is routed for 2 buckers. and no, not a metal guy at all. I rarely use the bridge alone. I'd like the outputs to be balanced. and this is the old version that is 13k, not the new version. also, I'm not totally committed to using this pickup if there isn't a good match.

maybe a DeMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary, DP103?

Comment

super d bridge and paf neck is the classic dimarzio configuration and it sounds great. any of dimarzios paf type neck pups would be a suitable fit. if you wanted something hotter or from duncan, there are good options there too

Comment

Vintage DiMarzio Super Distortion match = Vintage DiMarzio PAF

But if one of those cannot be had, my first choice would be a DiMarzio Air Classic Bridge.

Comment

thanks guys!! I'll be on the hunt

Comment

Paf 36th neck is another good choice.

It pairs well with alot of dimarzio bridge humbuckers

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                    I know it's been done before, but superD in the neck isn't really great at anything. Much better choices no matter your neck priorities.
                    On this I disagree. Gary Richrath gets some awesome neck solo tones with a neck SuperD. But yeah - it is a muscular pickup there and not for everyone or every guitar.

SuperD and any PAF style bridge will do. A 1972 Super D? I say sell it and buy a new set...you'll have money left over.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

ha ha... yeah, I thought about selling it, but I bought in new & it needs a worthy home after all these years. I've got a 36th AV on the way. thanks all!

Comment

Super 3 in the neck might be interesting.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

i cant imagine that being all that great. its a beast in the bridge so giving it all the string information at the neck seems like it would be a mess

Comment

Working...
                          X