Duncan Designed Detonators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Designed Detonators

Didn't know what to expect when I installed these in my Viper. I read about the similaritys between the Distortion and Detonator. They are kind of similar but the Detonator has a sound all its own. The pickup itself just looks badass. Only installed these an hour ago, so I haven't had much time with them. But so far I think they're excellent and much different than other sets. They have transformed the tone of my Viper massively. It's a shame Duncan stopped making them. I remember seeing them come stock in many guitars.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 11-19-2020, 03:48 PM.

So YOU are the one that bought that set off Reverb, huh?

They’re killer pickups-hidden gems, for sure. Brighter and cleaner than Invaders but meatier than Distortions, and look badass.

Comment

Yep, that was me. Good deal on a set of Detonators that's never been installed. Brand new.

Comment

I just put a set of these in a customers guitar. He's happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          I just put a set of these in a customers guitar. He's happy.
          They're really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

They're really nice!
            They aren't as evil as they look. They're sweet pups. Especially, parallel.

Comment

I must have missed these on reverb lol.. how much did you get them for? i just bought a new white invader for my ibanez, they look just like mine but black lol.

Comment

Heads up, at least for people in the UK, Irongear produce a pickup that is 99% the Detonator. It's not an absolute 1:1 copy, for obvious legal reasons, but it's as close as you can get if you can't track down an actual Detonator.
                I do wish SD would produce, or at least license out again, the actual Duncan Designed/Performer designs. The Detonator's a great one, and I've always preferred the HB-102 to the actual JB.

Comment

If you love the Detonator, you could get the Custom Shop to produce the ultimate version of it.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah - get a Distortion w/ Invader caps and single Magnet or something like that.

I have one in my John Deere shred guitar. Love it!

I agree they are different than a distortion even if that is the foundation, but pole type /styele/length etc make a difference.

Easy example: Custom Custom with long standard screw tops vs short hex tops

Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                    X