banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone removed the cover from a Phatcat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone removed the cover from a Phatcat?

If so, what does the bobbin look like?

Does it fill the entire space inside under the cover?

A P90 is longer but more narrow than a humbucker.

So because a P90 is more narrow, is there empty space between the bobbin and inside of the cover on both of the long sides of the Phatcat bobbin?

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Apparently, this is what they look like with the covers removed. Thanks to Ace Flibble. Click image for larger version  Name:	ztwjbzgofmwnjnqpclt3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.9 KB ID:	6037408
    Last edited by Lewguitar; 12-10-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
      Apparently, this is what they look like with the covers removed.
      This is why you never "unroll" your McDonalds breakfast burrito. You just eat it, and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

This is why you never "unroll" your McDonalds breakfast burrito. You just eat it, and enjoy it.
        But what if it needs some hot sauce?

You know I'm surprised that the Phatcat looks like that inside because I asked Evan about it years ago and he told me that it was a P90 bobbin cut down in length so it would fit under the cover.

Clearly, it isn't a P90 bobbin. Maybe the prototypes were made that way and he hadn't seen the final version.

Comment

But what if it needs some hot sauce?
          You drip it on the end as you eat it. And now our analogy goes down separate paths.

Comment

I already sold my PhatCats, so nobody tell me how b!tchin' they sound with the covers off.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

You know, I've NEVER had a McDonalds breakfast burrito. We have so many little family owned Mexican places where I live that McMexican just doesn't cut it.

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              I already sold my PhatCats, so nobody tell me how b!tchin' they sound with the covers off.
              I was more interested in what the bobbin looked like. If it was a P90 bobbin or not. It isn't.

Last edited by Lewguitar; 12-11-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Mine look like that also. I played it coverless too and it was noisy and sounded different.

Comment

You know, I've NEVER had a McDonalds breakfast burrito.
                  You're a better man for it. We used to get them when I was still working on the base. It was too difficult to get on and off the base, in the morning. There was a Micky-D's on base, so that's what we got.

Comment

I've never had one, either, and it has been over 30 years since I had ever had any breakfast item from McD. Thinking about a 'breakfast burrito' makes my insides hurt.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I should probably be banned for this egregious thread hijack.

Comment

The McDonalds Breakfast Burritos "I call BS on Everyone Thread"!

What do you think? Catchy title? We can organnize a "chew out" and a blind taste test.

Comment

The McDonalds Breakfast Burritos "I call BS on Everyone Thread"!

What do you think? Catchy title? We can organnize a "chew out" and a blind taste test.
                          The flaw with the test will be finding an original breakfast burrito made by Richard and Maurice McDonald. Has anyone seen a BBMc label on their burrito before? I hear they taste way better than newer production.

Comment

Breakfast burritos sound great in the neck position.
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Breakfast burritos in the neck and a hot head burrito in the bridge for the win .

Comment

Working...
                              X